Fireflies

"You lost them?" Derek asked, shooting me a 'I'm going to rip his throat out' look.

"Yeah, I kind of had to" I heard Scott reply.

"Wasn't exactly the plan" Derek said.

"I know, which is why I think that we should stick together. Trust me, he's too strong, too fast, and way too angry for one person to handle. We've got to do this together" Scott said.

"Look, I'm at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Can you meet me here?" Derek asked.

"Yeah. Just got to drop something off first"

Derek pulled the phone away from his ear and sighed.

I groaned. "We're so screwed"

"We'll find them"

"Are you serious? We've been walking around this woods for ages" I reminded.

"Scott will be here soon. All three of us will find them"

"Derek. Let's be realistic"

The two of us stood in silence for a moment until my brother spoke up.

"We need to talk about Cora"

"Now isn't exactly the best time"

"You knew she was alive?"

I sighed. "After the fire, we went to live in South America. And when I wanted to come back to Beacon Hills, she and I had an argument about it and fell out. Before I left she made me promise not to tell you we was alive. I'm sorry Derek"

"Why didn't she want me to know she was alive?"

"I don't know Derek, I'm sorry. I guess you'll have to ask her when she doesn't want to rip everyone's throat out"

Derek gave me a look.

"Hey" Scott said.

"Okay, have you got a plan?" I asked.

"Was I supposed to come up with a plan?"

"Well no. But you could have come up with some kind of idea. I mean, it would have been helpful but it's cool. Your plans suck anyway"

Scott opened his mouth to protest but a loud howl cut him off.

"Is it them?" Scott asked.

"No it's all those other animals that can howl like us" I rolled my eyes.

"We're not the only ones that decided to stick together" Derek said.

"Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?"

"I don't know" my brother replied.

"Derek, I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone they find?" Scott questioned.

"Everyone and anyone"

I frowned, catching a scent of something.

Someone.

"What?" Scott eyed me weirdly.

I looked up. "Isaac's here"

"Shay, wait-"

I pushed past the boys and ran through the woods, following the scent.

"Emily, where are you? Emily! Em? Emily, where are you? Emily!" I heard a girl yell.

I followed the girls voice until I crashed through the trees and stumbled into the open.

I heard growling and saw Isaac pushing Cora down to the floor.