Derek opened his hand and then closed it shut again.

I rubbed my head in pain.

Peter and Derek exchanged confused glances.

I frowned. "What happened?"

~

"You okay?" My brother asked me, sounding genuinely concerned.

"Okay? No. Nor have I been since weeks ago. I nearly burnt our old house down for christs sakes! A fly came out of my mouth earlier. That's not even normal! And to top it all off Stiles is still evil and we still don't know whether he can be saved or not. Oh and I think I'm completely losing my mind!" I practically yelled.

"I meant about why you were swatting the air and have been for the past ten minutes but okay" he shrugged, standing by the table.

"Oh and there's me thinking you were genuinely concerned about my mental stability" I rolled my eyes.

I looked over at him, wincing when I noticed the open wound on his back, that still hasn't healed.

I was about to speak up again when I heard the buzzing of the fly right by my ear.

"What is it with me and flies today!" I exclaimed, swatting the air again.

"What are you doing?" My uncle looked at me as he stepped into the room. He then turned to Derek. "And more importantly, why aren't you healing"

"It's from one of their swords. It'll heal" Derek replied.

"By playing chess?"

"Back in his room, Stiles had a board with my name on one of the pieces. If this is a game to him, then I need to figure out the plays" my brother said.

"Not so easy to do when it's a game without rules" my uncle said.

I frowned. "What does that mean?"

"You're dealing with the kind of spirit that's lived too long to play by human rules. It's a fox spirit that chose to become human. And supposedly, that's something they can do only after about 100 years. If a kitsune is an annoying pain in the ass, then a nogitsune, which is a dark kitsune, is a freaking disaster. Besides, chess is Stiles's game. It's not the game of a Japanese fox" Peter said. He then frowned at Derek. "Do yourself a favour and put something on that" he indicated to the wound. "Before it gets infected"

~

I stepped into the McCall household just as Aiden was leaving.

"Hey, what's going on?" I grabbed his arm.

He shook away from my grip and continued on in a hurry.

"Asshole" I mumbled to myself as I walked into the house.

"Oh, I hope he gets there in time.
I like the twins. Short tempers. Homicidal compulsions. They're a lot more fun than you bakemono trying to save the world every day" I heard Stiles say.

Everyone turned to look at me as I stepped closer.

"What's going on?"

Stiles grinned at me. "Now here's someone that knows about fun and homicidal compulsions. Do you think you can get this party started?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

"You know, he's right about homicidal compulsions" I said to the others. "In fact, I feel one coming on right now" I glared in the direction of Stiles.

"Doc, you brought something to paralyse his body. You got anything for his mouth?" Melissa asked.

"Yes, I do" Deaton pulled out a roll of tape and ripped it before placing it over Stiles' mouth.