We all stood there in silence, staring at the Oni who couldn't cross past the barrier.

Kira put her hand forwards, reaching out.

The barrier sparked.

"You okay?" I asked her.

She nodded, seeming a little overwhelmed with everything.

"It's Kira, right?" Aiden said. He turned to her. "You going to tell us what you are?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"Aiden-" I warned.

"Watch!" He pushed her hand back to the protective field around us. "See that? She can't go through it either. So, what are you?"

"She's a kitsune, idiot" I said in a 'duh' tone.

"Use your eyes. You can see it all around her" Derek said, walking into the room. "The younger ones give off an aura. She just hasn't learned how to conceal it yet. She probably doesn't know what kind she is either"

~

"I wasn't going to hurt her" Aiden commented once Kira and Scott were out of the room.

"Not yet" Derek said.

"Why do you think we're here, Derek? For a study group? We're here to protect Scott. We're trying to fight for him" The twins said.

"I'm sure you are. I'm sure you'd kill for him" Derek turned around to face them. "But are you willing to die for him?"

The twins glanced at each other.

I heard a clashing sound and watched as the Oni's tried to hit their swords against the mountain ash protecter field.

"What are they doing?" Scott asked.

"Testing for weaknesses" I said.

Vases and ornaments started smashing on the floor.

Two of the Oni's put their swords together and started to push through.

"Guys?" Ethan said. "We have a problem"

"Allison, please tell me that you have something. They're here. They're trying to get in. And it looks like they're gonna' be able to" Scott said over the phone.

"Okay, okay listen. They're Japanese demons. They're called the oni.
They're looking for someone possessed. Someone with a dark spirit attached to them"

"A nogitsune" Scott said.

"How'd you know that? Scott?"

"Just- Tell me what else"

"Okay, they won't hurt you. They know you're supernatural but once they do this check, once they realize that you're not carrying with you this dark spirit, then they won't hurt you, I promise. All they're looking for is the nogitsune"

"I'm right, aren't I? They're looking for me" Kira said.

"They're looking for a dark spirit. And I know it's not you" Scott reassured.

"Scott, we're going to have to do something" Derek spoke up.

The Oni's finally broke the barrier and stepped in.

Ethan, Aiden, Derek and I stood in front of Scott and Kira protectively.

"Don't do anything" Scott said.

"Is he serious?" Aiden asked.

"I said don't do anything" he turned to Kira and held out his hand. She took it. "Trust me" the two of them stepped forward as did the Oni's, pressing their hands against the sides of their faces.

The two of them dropped to the floor and I stepped forwards but Derek tugged me back.

The Oni's vanished and I rushed over to Scott's side.

"You're gonna be okay" I said as Derek and I bent down next to him.

~

Kira and Scott had recovered and the ambulance for Mr McCall could be heard in the distance.

Scott was going to leave soon to find Stiles at the hospital so I took this opportunity to quickly speak to him alone.

"Hey, Scott" I grabbed his hand and lead him away from everyone.

"What Allison said about them looking for someone with a dark spirit. About them doing checks to find the nogitsune" I said. "There's only three people we know that haven't actually been checked yet"

Scott stared at me blankly.

"Peter" I started.

Scott breathed out, realisation hitting him. "Allison"

I nodded with a sigh before saying the final name.

"Stiles"