"Where's she?" Kira asked.

"Don't worry. She'll be here"

"We're going to be okay. I promise" I said to Kira with a smile as Scott headed up to his room and we followed.

"We? Or me?" Kira asked.

"All of us" I answered.

"You didn't bring the twins here because you didn't want them to get hurt, right?" Kira said to Scott.

"I don't want anyone getting hurt"

"Yeah, he's only cool with me getting hurt. That's why I'm here" I winked.

Scott rolled his eyes at me.

"Then why did you bring me? If those things are coming after you, and anyone who gets in the way gets killed, then shouldn't I be somewhere else?" Kira questioned.

"I'm not letting you get hurt" Scott said.

"And I don't want you getting hurt. Especially because of me"

Think my cue to leave is coming up incredibly soon.

"It could be either of us" Scott pointed out.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna go and check the locks again. No harm in being extra secure" I grinned, heading to the door.

"Wait" Kira called out. "I have to show you something" she took off her bag and pulled out a book of mythology. "Have you ever heard of something called a kitsune?"

~

After Kira had showed us the book on the Kitsune, I left the room.

And stood outside of the door.

Okay, yes I was spying on Scott and Kira.

Well I wouldn't call it spying.

Maybe eavesdropping.

"That looks like what happened to you at the power station" I heard Scott say.

"When a kitsune rubs its tails together it can create fire or lighting. It's called foxfire" she explained. There was a pause. "I don't have any tails"

Scott laughed. "How'd you know what I was thinking?"

"Because kitsune are also psychic.
I can hear all of your thoughts" she said. "Just kidding"

Oh god they're adorable.

"The sun's setting" Kira pointed out.

"Yeah, I know. Are you scared?"

"Not right now. I'm supposed to be back before dinner"

"Tell them you can't make it"

"What should I say?"

"Say, uh, you're going on a date"

"Are you sure that's a good idea? You know, foxes and wolves don't really get along" she pointed out.

"That's just a drawing. In a children's book"

It went silent.

For a long time.

Oh my god are they kissing?

I then heard the sound of a car pulling up outside and quickly dived away from the door.

"My mom's back" I heard Scott say.

I dashed down the stairs to greet Melissa but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw that it wasn't Melissa.