"Roger."

As they were moving through the hallway in a file-arrangement...

Teet.

"!"

BANG!

There was an explosion within the hallway.

"Shit! AP mines! man down! I say again, man down!" The first team was lying on the ground, whether they lived or simply were severely injured wasn't confirmed yet.

As the operatives behind moved in closer to the blast site—"...This is Alpha 1-1, Team 1 is KIA, over"—they saw the unmoving corpses of their comrades.

"Alpha 1-6, Alpha 6, copy. Out—Oscar, Alpha 6, Team 1 from first squadron is KIA, an AP mine exploded, over."

"Oscar, copy. Out—This is Oscar, an AP mine exploded in Sector Alpha, be advised to proceed with caution, over."

"Roger wilco."

After a few moments of silence...

Brata-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta—

The wall beside them was obliterated by the massive bullets piercing through the concrete wall.

"Contact! Right flank! Behind the wall!"

An intense firefight took place in Alpha sector, but that was just the first. Another one or two would happen in different locations.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

A few seconds after the first bullet flew out a muzzle in Alpha sector.

BA-BANG! Two explosions were simultaneously heard; though, they occurred in different sectors in the area of operations. There were casualties. Shortly after—Brata-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta—they were trading bullets through the thick haze forming little holes, and the string-like, thin-as-needle smoke became the bullets' tails.

The firefight was just beginning—"Bravo 1-2, hard contact!"—but was intense. "Charlie 1-2, hard contact!"

The outer layer of the innards of the facility was obliterated by both forces. Visibility would've been fiction if it weren't for the Night Observation Devices (NODs): dust from destroyed artificial material within the area were dancing and deforming as bullets pass through. The continuous sounds of gunshots and clangs of shells; the groans of pain from the injured; the crushing sounds of concrete—just listening to such sounds can increase the heartbeats of even the iron-hearted, hungry men.

After a good half- or half-plus-a-quarter-hour, the continuous sounds of gunshots and clangs of shells lowered its frequency and became short-duration gunfights with moderate intervals of silence. Casualty was severely high on both sides. However, on the bright side, specific squadrons can now proceed to their assigned objectives.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Despite the tremendous amount of information leaked, no map data was included; but still, the intelligence division was able to create a fragmented, incomplete map based on the videos leaked. Although reconnaissance was done a day prior, it was just that, visual observation from the outskirts. Nothing fancy was done; only possible entry points were marked and confirmed. And so a military-grade rootkit was to be injected into the facility's computational workings to gain information and control over the facility's electronic and mechanical innards.

The assigned squadron, Bravo 3-2, moved in closer to their objective. A door leading there stopped their advance. They prepared an explosive charge, and after a few moments...

White Room Unveiled (Classroom Of The Elite Fan-fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें