Chapter 2: Abduction and a Friend's Denial

Time unknown, in an inconspicuous place in Japan.

"Heh! Fuck 'em. Buncha low-lives who can't fight." the scary-looking thug fearlessly said to five men who were members of an infamous gang.

"Huh?! ya think you're some hot-shit of sorts for beating 'em up eh. Come at us then you little shit!" Those were the words the thug was eagerly waiting for. He then wore a euphoric expression—teeth flashed, eyes in flames. And then...

Whoosh! He lunged, penetrating deep through one of the enemy's guard. He was fast, insanely fast. The man's sense of danger grew wild. Bam! A single punch connected to the man's face. Splat! Blood squirted out of his nostrils as he flew back from the punch's volume. He became unconscious.

"Tch!"

Another man rushed towards the thug with clenched fists. He made a sudden, quick movement with his right intending to draw out the thug's head to the side where he can meet it with a powerful kick. 

Whoosh! His movements were perfect. But all he hit was air. He attempted another kick with exceptional momentum. Nothing. The thug read all his intentions and was skillfully avoiding everything.

Frustrated, the man threw a flurry of punches; still, nothing. Noticing that a stand-up fight with the thug was disadvantageous, he lunged back. Within a quick moment, he decided to take him down and bring the fight low to the concrete ground.

He closed in towards the thug. Lowering his knees and extending his arms, aiming for the thug's legs.

Thud! His motion was suddenly stopped: he felt the insane amount of force applied to his chest. It wasn't a punch; it was merely meant to stop his motion and grip his clothing. The thug forcefully pulled him, released the grip, and violently struck the man's neck. 

"Ghhrrrk—ghrrrk—!" Blood gushed out beyond the man's teeth. Fresh blood coated the thug's skin and clothing. 

The thug gripped the man's collar yet again. He pulled him close to his face which wore a creepy expression. It wasn't like the first, it was...terrifying. The man was overcome by fear as he was choking with his very own blood. The thug looked at the man's peers with demoniac eyes. They were trembling out of fear. 

He shoved the man he held towards the remaining three. The man was letting out wet groans of pain: blood was oozing out of his mouth.

The remaining three were so scared of such a terrifying spectacle that they lost their will to fight. They simply ran away, not helping one of theirs.

"Heh! Scared."

He merely looked at the man on the ground once, before pulling out some fabric from his pocket. He turned around and walked away, wiping the blood off his hand.

A few moments later, he walked past a dark corner. Yet somehow, he sensed a disturbance. He looked at the source, the stimulus bothering him; but there was nothing. And so, he simply ignored it and continued walking...

Zap!

"Urgh! Urgh! Mmm! Ugh!"

Bam!...Crash! Clunk!...Rattle...rattle....

"..."

"...13th Target acquired. Delivering combat specimens to the White Room. ETA: 2 hours."

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

May 1st, in Advanced Nurturing High School.

We just finished our reconciliation 'group-date' an hour ago. Calling it a date isn't really right; but, well, that's just how I, Haruka Hasebe, speak. A shocking event took place in the previous special exam. I never knew that Kiyopon was a genius! Airi~ it seems that you're very lucky! No, actually it seems that you're very unlucky! Now you have a lot of rivals!