Aiden scoffed at her and put his arm around her shoulder. "Calm down little fairy. Relax and breathe with me."

Slowly, the frantic emerald eyes of Abigail met with the calm honey eyes of Aiden. "Calm down and breathe with me. Yes just like that. Great." Emerald's breathing got back to normal.

Aiden pulled her closer to him. His arms were wrapped around her shoulders in a protective way. She had his palms resting on his chest. His heartbeat in the rhythm with hers. Their faces inches apart.

"See it's fine little fairy." Her insides tingled on hearing the endearment. His voice so strong yet softly whispered.

"Tell me how do you know my name?" She stepped back from his arms and ran her eyes around. They were surrounded by tall trees. She brought her eyes back to the tall, muscular, and handsome stranger.

No, he wasn't any stranger; her brain immediately cut her off. She had coffee with him. For God's sake, she had broken down twice in his arms.

Aiden lazily looked at her and replied in a bored tone. "I heard your name being called from the phone when you threw away your phone."She looked confused."You threw away your phone in the elevator, remember?"

Emerald blushed in embarrassment and looked down at her hand, nervously entwined. She didn't know how to respond so simply nodded her head. What must he think of her? A helpless girl, cried her eyes out, broken, and had coffee with him. She groaned inside.

She was so lost that she didn't feel herself shivering. Aiden however noticed this and guided her inside the cottage where he left her in the living room and went further inside. Emerald stood in front of the fireplace trying to keep her warm when a blanket was put on her. "You shouldn't be out in this weather without proper clothing." Once again Emerald felt embarrassed.

They had hot chocolates again and stayed in comfortable silence. Emerald lost in her own thoughts and Aiden lost in his own. He had a meeting in the evening with the Potanins. But it was the first time that he wanted to stay here, with her. This cottage was his safe haven, his favorite place in the words where he would come whenever the real world exhausted him. He had discovered the place years ago after he had gotten lost on his way to the main city. He was quite young then and wanted to discover the place on his own which had led his car to skid off the highway due to the ice. He had to abandon his car and walk around for reception on his phone which had led him to discover this heaven. Aiden chuckled when he remembered that he had never shared that special place apart from this cottage with anyone but that would change soon. He looked at his little fairy who had dozed off on the sofa in quite an uncomfortable position.

He stood up and walked up to the sleeping girl. The weather was beautiful outside apart from the cold, so maybe he could take her there.

"Wake up Emerald." He shook her.

Emerald lazily opened her eyes and yawned. "Oh, I am sorry." She hurriedly sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Come I will take you somewhere." Aiden continued when he saw the doubt in her features. "I won't let any harm come to you, little fairy"

*****

Emerald gasped in utter amazement when she saw the heaven on earth in front of her eyes. Directly in front of them, there was a large body of blue water surrounded by steep hills. The hills were further surrounded by Snow Mountains and the source of the blue lake she realized was a waterfall that came from the mountains. "This is so beautiful." She mumbled in awe.

Emerald had never seen such a beautiful natural place before. Her words were not enough to describe the picturesque beauty. This was simply the best and the surprise was given to her by a stranger. A handsome stranger who had literally caught her when she fell.

Right at that moment she forgot about all her pain and her problems, all proprietary, and gave Aiden a tight big hug.

Aiden was caught in surprise as Emerald launched herself at him that he stumbled back with her in his arms but balanced soon enough. He chuckled.

Emerald removed herself from him and looked around like a child in a candy store. Her mouth was stretched in a wide smile. She looked so excited, so pure, so innocent then. The calm water, the lush beauty everything felt so therapeutic to her, calmed her nerves and her inner soul. Her eyes filled with tears when she looked towards Aiden making him groan.

"Come on. You are crying again!" He said in a slightly teasing manner making her chuckle.

"Thank you so much, Aiden for bringing me here. You really have a beautiful heart. You did so much for--"

Aiden shook his head. "I am a stranger Emerald."

"Yes, you are". She took a step closer to him. "But you still did so many things for me in such a short time. You gave me a shoulder to cry on. You helped me through my panic attack twice. You brought me for coffee and then you brought me to this heaven; all this when I am just a stranger."

Aiden was stunned listening to her praise his efforts. He just nodded his head.

Emerald stood on the tip of her toes and brought her face closer to his and smiled beautifully before she kissed his cheeks. It was the first time he saw her smile and it somehow tugged at his heart.

Aiden groaned. The kiss on his cheeks was just not enough for him. So he pulled her up and placed his lips on hers.