Chapter 26

Catherine's point of view

I was at the hospital, debating on whether or whether not I want to walk into the room. I sucked in a deep breath and opened the door. I walked in and my mum was asleep on the chair, holding my dad's hand as she slept.

I closes the door behind me and sat on one of the three chairs in the room. I looked at my dad and tears filled my eyes. He had needles poked into his arms and a plastic mask to help him breathe. His head was wrapped in white gauze and one of his legs were propped up and wrapped up.

I sighed and a tear slid down my cheek. He doesn't deserve to be in this state. He was the best man ever, not to mention my favorite. Everyone else, including Calum, fell behind him in my list favorite guys. It will always be my dad.

When he took me out to go grocery shopping, we would rock out to bands such as Led Zepplin, AC-DC, Nirvana, and so much more. When I played a song outloud with my door open, he stop in front of it and dance some crazy dance. When we cooked together, it almost always ended up with us laughing in a pile of ingredients and mum calling for Chinese. Other times it ended with my mum congratulating us on not making a mess and not burning our house down.

I laughed at the memories but it was a bit choked becase the thought of never being able to do that with my dad again was killing me. He may die, they believe he will, however I don't. I'm praying, hoping, wishing he'll make it out of this alive. And until, god forbid, his heart monitor goes flat, I will keep praying, wishing, and hoping.

"Catherine?" I heard a croaky voice ask and I looked up. My hopes died down as I realized it wasn't my dad, however I was glad my mum was awake.

"I thought I'd drop by," I said through my tears. She gave me a sad smile and looked at my dad, giving his hand a squeeze. "Actually, I needed to."

"The others know you're here?" she asked and I nodded. I wiped my eyes with the black Misfits sweater Michael had given me to wear and looked at her.

"Yeah," I said in a croaky voice myself. "They're at ths hotel getting ready for a concert. Kelsey sent to her house and said she'll drop by at noon."

"What time is it?" she asked me and I looked at the clean tile floors.

"Seven thrity," I said and looked back up at her. "AM..."

"You're never up this early," she said and I sighed.

"I had a bit of problems with sleeping. I fell asleep, then woke up, fell asleep, then woke up." I explained and she nodded. "I listened to music the whole night after I decided to stay up and wait till the hospital opens."

"What did you do at the boys hotel?" she asked, trying to get our minds off of my father. It's hard, since I'm in the same exact room as him, but I can try.

"Talked. Laughed. Ate junk food. Listened to music. Danced crazily around like dad. And that's it really." I said and she nodded.

"Sounds fun." Mum said and I nodded. "My mum's phone rang anf she picked it up immediately. She stepped outside of the room and I sighed.

I took my phone out myself and opened twitter. I followed a few people in my notifications and tweeted a quick and simple sad face. I saw hate in my mentions and I just scrolled through it.

"Cat?" I heard my mum ask and I looked up. "I forgot I have work today and since my boss is an...unreasonable man, I have to go. I love you," she said and I smiled.

"I love you too mum." I said as she gave me a kiss on the cheek. I gave her a half hug and she walked out of the room. I was just going to hang in here for a bit, maybe talk to my dad even though he won't hear me.

'@//Kitty_Cat_Hood isn't even pretty wtf?'

'@//Kitty_Cat_Hood is using Ashton for money and fame. I know it.'

@//Kitty_Cat_Hood is probably sleeping with them all. 'Sister'? Pfft. Yeah right'

'@//Ashton5SOS please tell me you are not dating this whore @//Kitty_Cat_Hood'

'@//Kitty_Cat_Hood tries too hard to be likable. She's so fake.'

'@//Kitty_Cat_Hood and @//Seashell_Kels are just using our boys. They just want the money and fame.'

I sighed and replied to the last one. '@//midnighafi (I made it up, sorry if this account actualky exists) Kelsey is a wodnerful girl and my best friend. You can drag me but not her. She means too much to me.'

I clicked the tweet icon and sighed. I didn't even realize I was crying until a tear fell on my phone screen. I looked up and sighed. I wiped it off and stuffed it in my pocket.

I tood up and took the chair closest to my dad. I looked at the door and it was closed, so that was good. "Hey dad," I said in a croaky voice.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but I just want to say, I love you." I said. "You really do not deserve to be in this position. And knowing you, the crash isn't your fault. He's the one who crashed into you, being intoxicated and reckless."

I got choked up a bit and I wio0ped my eyes again. "Mum is going to work, even though I know she shouldn't. Her boss was being a dick, even if she won't say the word. She was worried sick about you, she stayed the night and I don't think she ate all day yesterday."

I cleared my throat and continued. "Kelsey is worried aswell, and so are the boys. We all are. We're wishing, hoping, praying, just anything we can do, to make sure you make it through this. You can, I know you can," I said and squeezed his hand.

"As for me, I'm scared. The doctors said you wouldn't make it, but I need you too. I need you and I love you. You're not my real father, no, but I love you as if you are. You raised me, that makes you pretty real don't you think?

Anyways, I just really need you to make it out of this. I can't stand the thought of you dying." I said, as more tears filled my eyes. I didn't even know someone else was in the room until arms were being wrapped around me.

"Shh," a very familiar feminine voice said and I cried into her shirt. "Cat, it'll be fine." she said and I shook my head.

"Everything is falling apart." I cried. "My dad is in the hospital, suddenly everyone on twitter hates me, the boys are leaving, and I love Ash all over again."

"Dad will be just fine, trust me. He'll pull through." she said. "And those people who hate you are jealous. You get to spend time with their idols and know you get to see who they are behind the cameras. And you know the boys were going to have to leave from day one."

"But I didn't know I'd grow this attached with them," I said. "I didn't think I'd grow to love them all this much."

"No one knew. Ask all the fangirls." she muttered and I laughed a bit. "And loving Ash isn't a problem. Wait, he's leaving, yes it is. Anyways, he likes you too, he told you."

I nodded, not wanting to talk anymore. My throst hurt and I just wanted to calm down. After a five minute (more or less) period of silence, I suddenly spoke up. "Why are you here so early?"

"I thought you'd need someone to keep you company." She said and I nodded. "Being alone isn't the best idea for you."

I nodded and my stomach rumbled. "Come on, let's go get you something to eat. We can go to like a restaurant or fast food place or something."

"But I don't want to leave my d-"

"You can't stay here all day." She told me and I sighed. "C'mon, I'll pay. Then after we eat we can go to the park or the beach or that lake you and Ash went to or something."

I nodded and stood up. "But first, we gotta get you showered, and changed." she said and I nodded.