Chapter 22

Catherine's point of veiw

"When tour comes, it is going to be so lonely now." I said as the sun began to set. We were here all day, swimming, eating, talking, laughing. "I have no idea how I can live without you four idiots for months."

"You did it once, you can do it again," he said and I pushed him lightly. "But it'll be fine. I'll call you and skype you. We all will."

It was a nice comfortable silence after that. The only sounds were the leaves on the trees moving in the wind, the water moving, and the sounds of our steady breaths.

"I've known you ever since Luke started hemmo1996, ya know?" I told him as I broked the silence and looked at him. He was staring back at me, intruged by what I said and was going to say. "Kelsey forced me to watch every music video, keek, instagram video, whatever you guys posted. You guys have grown so much."

"Well duh," he said and I chuckled.

"I'm proud of you guys. I'm not a huge fan, I don't stalk your twitter and instagram and facebook, but I'm proud. You've made it so far in such little time. One Direction helped, but your talent is what kept you guys on the charts." I told him and he nodded.

"They helped a lot, yeah." he said and I leaned my head on his shoulder. "We owe it to them we got this big, but we would have gotten on the charts without their help aswell. We wouldn't be as big, and it would take time, but we would have, I know we would."

"Yeah," I agreed. "You're a talented bunch, you would have." I said and he smiled. "I see why girls, and boys, love you all so much. It's impossible not to."

"Aww," he teased and I blushed. "I love you too," he said and I blushed. Just as friends, Catherine. Just as friends....

"Calum would smack us both if he found out about all of this." I told him, suddenly thinking about it. He'd be so upset. His sister and one of his best friends hanging out together, a little closer than they should be.

"He can't smack you, he's Calum, he would never lay a hand on you." Ashton said and I nodded. "And who cares? We're not doing anything wrong. We're just hanging out."

"Yeah," I said. "I'm getting cold," I said as I looked up at the sky. I could see some stars out and I smiled. "But I don't want to leave just yet."

"I don't either," he replied and I chuckled. "I'll go get you a sweater from the car," he said and I thanked him. He stood up and walked away.

I smiled to myself and leaned back against the tree, the bark rough against the thin material of my shirtbothered me a bit, but I tried ignoring it. I smiled to myself and played with the blades of grass sticking out of the side of the plaid blanket.

I sighed happily and looked at the water that shined in the moonlight. Today was the second best day ever, the first being meeting my real parents and sister.

However, my highlight of the day was my kiss with Ashton. It was just....amazing. It was like a spark started in my stomach and seeped into my veins. I haven't felt that in years. I haven't felt those sparks and butterflies in years.

"Here," I heard someone say and I snapped out of my thoughts. I stood up and took the black sweater from him, thanking him as I did. I pulled it on and smiled. It smelled like him and was extremely comfortable.

He took a seat next to me again and I leaned my head on his shoulder. We sat in silence, just enjoying each other's company and staring out at the scene in front of us.

"That kiss we had earlier," he brought up and I looked at him. "It was amazing, it really was," he said and I smiled. "But I think-I think we should stay just friends."

And that was when my throat dried and my heart plummeted all the way to the firey pits of hell. Okay, maybe that was a bit extreme, but it still hurt, a lot. I closed my eyes to stop from crying and I nodded.

"Yeah," I said and looked back at the water. "Just friends." I repeated softly. "It'd be better that way," I agreed and he looked at me.

"You know I'd love to date you, I'd really love too, but with these circumstances, I can't." he told me and I smiled. He would date me and he actually liked me back...wow. However, our feelings don't matter unless the timing was right, which in this case, it was not.

"Timing is a bitch," I muttered and he laughed but agreed with me. "I-I understand. With me being Calum's little sister and you having to leave for tour in a week. It wouldn't work out. It'd be over before it even started."

"When timing is right," he said and wrapped an arm around me. "I'll make a move. However for now, just friends is the closest we'll get." he said and smiled down at me.

I nodded and we sat in silence again. You could tell there was tension, but it wasn't too thick. I could stand it.

"Can you hand me my phone?" I asked and he nodded. He placed it in my hand and I turned it on. I had us, all wet and laughing, as a lockscreen. I took it earlier, along with many other ones.

I put it on the camera and took a photo of the scene in front of me. Moonlit waters, starry skies, the grass dancing in the wind. I snapped several until I put it on selfie mode.

"Come here," I said and he looked at me. He saw the phone and I snapped a few quick photos of us. Yes it was a bit hard to see, but the moonlight lit up our faces so you could tell who it was.

"You take a lot of photos," Ashton told me and I chuckled. "You took like a million today."

"I like photos. You get to look back at them and smile as you remember that day." I said as I turned my phone off. "That's why I really want a Polaroid." I said and he nodded. "And besides, I will always smile at because they're perfect."

"Because you're in them," he said and I blushed. He laughed and I shook my head.

"No because you are, you're the perfect one." I said and looked at him. He looked at me and the moon lit up his features. It made his eyes shine and I could just stare into them forever.

"That's another reason why we can't date," he whispered. "We'd be too perfect and everyone will die." he said and I laughed. "But right now, I kind of, really want to kiss you again."

"I want to kiss you too," I said and looked at him. "Kiss me again then," I said, unaware of where the confidence boost fame from. He nodded and we both leaned in.

He pressed his lips agaisnt mine and I kissed him back. He held my face with one hand and the other was around my waist. My eyes fluttered closed and there goes the sparks and the butterflies.

We pulled away shortly after, and I opened my eyes. He gave me a smile and I smiled back. The wind blew my hair and I was grateful I put it in a pony tail so it doesn't fly everywhere.

"We should head home now," he told me. "You're freezing and it's almost ten."

"I want to stay," I said. "But you're right, unfortunately," I sighed.

This was so short.....I'm sorry