Chapter 19

Catherine's point of view

To say I was nervous was an understatement. I was fucking freaking out. I was going to be on tv. Millions of people are going to be watching, including my two sets of parents because Calum told them to.

"You'll be fine," Ashton reassured me. "You can't screw up our interview, we already do that ourselves. And besides, you just need to answer like, three questions."

"But-"

"Shhh!" he said and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and he rocked uo back and forth. The nerves in my stomach vanished a bit and I practically melted into his arms. "You'll do fine. Just be yourself and be honest. That's all you have to do."

I nodded and we stayed like this for a while. I wasn't complaining. I loved his hugs. They made me feel safe and as if nothing in the world could hurt me.

"What's going on here?" I heard a voice ask and we pulled away. I blushed heavily as I saw it was Calum and looked down at my white converse.

"She was feeling nervous and since you were in the guys bathroom, I gave her a hug, some encouraging words, and advice." Ashton said and I nodded.

"It wasn't doing anything wrong was I?" I asked and looked up at Calum. He looked like he was going to say something, but decided against it and shook his head.

"No, you didn't." Calum said and I nodded. "It was just a shock, I don't know. Anyways, we have to get out there now. Muke are already out there." he told us and I nodded.

"I ship them," I yelled as I ran out of the room and to the side of the stage. I stopped and saw a large amount of people sitting there. "Oh damn, I'm not going out there." I said but ran into Calum.

"You'll do fine," he told me. "Come on, you can sit between the couple if you want." he said and I laughed. I covered my mouth as I realized it was too loud and suddenly I felt eyes on me.

"I'd rather sit between Ashton and you," I told him and he nodded while Ashton smiled brightly.

"Well, let's get out there, they already know you're here." he said and pushed me out. I sighed and turned around, allowing him to push me to the couch where Michael and Luke sat.

"Nervous?" Luke whispered to me as I sat down. I nodded and Calum sat between us while Ashton took my other side. "I'm squished," he said and I stood up.

"I'll just sit on all of you," I said as they got comfortable. I got on the couch and laid down over all of them. "Is this appropriate for an interview or must I like, sit on one of your guys' lap like a 3 year old?" I asked and Ashton shrugged. I'll just stay here, I'm too lazy to move.

"So, today we are extremely lucky. As you can see, 5 Seconds Of Summer are here, along with there guest, aka big secret." the women said in actual happiness.

"Quite comfortable there, are you?" the interviewer asked me and I looked down. Ashton set his hands on my legs and rubbed them and I nodded as I looked up at her. "Do you want another chair?"

"Nah I'm fine, I'm not too fat, the boys will survive." I said as I covered my stomach with my cardigan. She laughed and so did the boys. 

"So, you guys are here to tell a big secret," the interviewer said and her eyes darted to me. "So tell us, who is this amazing girl to you guys?"

"My wife," Michael said and I laughed. "Huh baby, I gave you a ring like a week ago. It had a giant rock on it. You said you loved it."

"It was red and plastic and tasted like cherries." I said and laughed. "It was amazing boo," I said. "For like thirty minutes." I said and the interviewer laughed.