safe place - yves x jinsoul

Sooyoung thought she had the perfect life. She thought she had known since she was little how she wanted her life to be. She was getting a degree at a good college, she had a nice apartment in the city, and a good, albeit boring job. That was what most people wanted, wasn't it? Then why did her life feel so incomplete?

She tried to fill this hole of uncertainty in her life with work, with friends, with hobbies, but it wasn't enough. She still felt like she wasn't fully living her life. It was frustrating, mostly because she couldn't figure out what it was.

Sooyoung tried not to think about it. She should be grateful for the life she had, there was no need to dwell on things she couldn't change. On paper, her life was perfect, so she should be happy.

"Ready to go in?" Hangyeol asked from beside her.

Sooyoung sighed slightly, unbuckling her seatbelt and nodding. "Yeah, I'm ready. Do you think they'll like me?"

"I'm sure they'll love you," Hangyeol reached over and brushed a piece of hair from her face, and Sooyoung tried not to roll her eyes. Something like that should make her swoon, not cringe.

"Hey, are you good? You look kind of sick," Hangyeol rubbed her shoulder with his hand.

"Hangyeol, you know this is just for show, right?" Sooyoung removed his hand with a polite smile. "I'm happy to help you put on a show for your parents and whatnot, but there's no need to act like a couple right now,"

Hangyeol frowned. "If you'd give me a chance, you'd see how good I can be for you,"

"I don't date," Sooyoung shrugged him off. "This little show we're putting on for your family, it doesn't mean we're dating,"

"Come on, Soo, let's just see where the night takes us," He laughed, his hand not so subtly feeling up her thigh. "I'm sure I can make you feel something more by the end of the night,"

Sooyoung just wanted to get through the night. She had promised to go along with his little show of pretending he was her boyfriend for her parents, and she wasn't the kind of person that broke promises. He wasn't unattractive, so Sooyoung wasn't sure why he would need to fake date his friend instead of finding himself an actual girlfriend. She knew Hangyeol liked her, but she honestly couldn't care less about him romantically. Sooyoung just wanted this to go smoothly so she could go home.

She wasn't even the best option for dating out of his friends, she was known for being unaffectionate with her male friends and even coming off as cold. It wasn't their fault, Sooyoung was just never interested in dating. Most of them understood that after a few rejections and failed confessions, but Hangyeol was still trying apparently. Sooyoung wanted to let him down gently, she wasn't cruel, but his touchiness was getting on her nerves and she had half a mind to leave halfway through the night.

"Ready?"

"Yep, let's go,"

Sooyoung walked up the steps of Hangyeol's parents house with Hangyeol a couple steps behind her. She subconsciously smoothed her jeans, pulling down her crop top as she regretted her outfit. It probably wasn't the best for meeting parents.

"Hey, it'll go fine," Hangyeol slung a arm over her shoulder. "Just don't mention that you're studying dance, they're pretty traditional,"

"Why would they care?" Sooyoung raised a brow.

"You know what? Best not to mention college at all," He laughed. "They like a classy woman,"

"What does that even mean?" Sooyoung asked in annoyance.

"Oh come on Soo, you know what it means. The traditional woman," He shrugged. "They're very stuck in their ways, but it's nothing to worry about. As long as you avoid the topic,"