𝟭 - 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁

Start from the beginning

"Are you refusing a helping hand, Captain?" Silvanna smiled. "Besides, I would love to meet your sister."

Tigreal smiled and said, "Apologies, princess. Let's leave."

Fanny's POV.

Fanny lived in a small house in the capital city. Lumina City, one of the most ancient places in the Moniyan Empire, was located right in the middle of the island. Anyone would be lucky enough to live here. A happy yet busy city built on a higher land with a fascinating view; nothing can ever tear this place down. However, all those did not apply for Fanny.

Nobody cared if she was the little sister of the Imperial Knights' Captain, or even the nicest girl with the purest heart to ever exist. All they cared about was how stupid she was. Other than having a pure heart, she had rich knowledge in her brain, but her neighbors couldn't care to even take a quick look and understand of what she was up to. They even called her names like 'Fanny the Fool', which would get into her head for several days or weeks. However, knowing Fanny, she would never give up on her dream, and that was to be able to fly high and free like the birds.

Fanny had just finished her breakfast, when she heard a knock on the door. "Who is it? Come in!" she shouted. There was no answer. Fanny immediately opened it to witness her big brother in a simple, silver and gold armor and a purple cape.

"Brother!" she exclaimed and gave him a big hug. "I missed you!"

Fanny always knew her big brother thought she was delightfully annoying, but as a sibling, Fanny would always try her best to be a good sister.

"It's good to see you again, sister. How's everything going?" Tigreal asked. Fanny stayed quiet. Talking about her situation here was the last thing she wanted to talk about. Fanny still managed a smile.

"Forget about me, how's it going in the Sanctuary? Is the princess alright? I'd love to meet her one day!"

"Actually, she's right here." Tigreal revealed Silvanna from behind, and Fanny couldn't help but opened her jaws wide enough as if she just saw the most beautiful and classiest woman ever. The princess bowed before her, but wasn't she the one who should bow down? Where else could you find a more humble royalty?

"Your Highness," Fanny softly said as she bowed down lower. She might look ridiculous doing it, because she had never faced a royalty before. Her brother was an exception. Silvanna released a giggle.

"Rise, my friend. There's no need for such formality," the princess said. Fanny went speechless. She couldn't even take her eyes off her. Soon she realized the sun was rising, and also realized she was being rude.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Where are my manners?" Fanny insulted herself. "Please, come in. It's not a very comfortable place for a royalty like you, but I sure hope it's enough."

Silvanna smiled again. "I don't need comfort," she admitted. "I only need to talk to you. May we have your time?"

"Fanny," her brother called. "About your steel cables... have you worked on them?"

"Steel cables?" Silvanna grinned.

Fanny didn't want to have this conversation. What if the princess laughed at her? What if her brother came only to tease her about it? She had enough of people making fun of her invention. Now her brother came to, perhaps, do the same thing.

"Brother, can we not talk about—"

"So it's not finished yet?" he assumed.

"No, no. It's... a failed attempt. I don't have them anymore," Fanny sighed, facing both her brother and the princess. Now would he stop mentioning it?

"Really? You were so obsessed about them back then. Why the change?" Tigreal said.

"Brother, please—"

"Alright then, guess you are not invited to the Imperial Sanctuary. See you again, sister," he said, pretending to leave.

"What?" Fanny was utterly surprised.

"I said what I said," he repeated. "You should stop lying to me, Fanny. Take your steel cables and join us."

"I still have them! Wait!" Fanny hurriedly took her cables. It was a failed invention, yes, but that didn't mean it was completely broken. She found them in the drawer, remembering every single effort she released simply because she wanted to fly. It was nice remembering a good memory, but then again bitter memory came with it, too. She fell many, many times on thousands of attempts. Her knees and elbows were full of wounds and injuries, but her brother said if she took these out, she would be invited to the Imperial Sanctuary. She couldn't miss a chance.

"Here they are!" she panted. "And... about the Imperial Sanctuary invitation, what does that mean?"

The princess came forward. "You are our first soon-to-be warrior of the Moniyan Empire. Forget what your neighbors say about you. They know nothing. These cables are your weapons, no?"

"I think so."

"Good. Now come, lots of trainings coming right up."

-

[ an; maybe i got a little carried away😂 almost 1,500 words, i should probably make them shorter. but i hope you enjoy this anyway~ ]

xoxo, cel.