je ne suis pas seul

In this mirror, it's suffocating. All of my previous expressions becomes one, heartbeat palpitating. I stand here for a while craving for something that is not there. Drifting off to somewhere better, won't be returning.

To body once changed, and forever morphed at my own will. A self I chain to me walking and, by my own feet dragging the self against their will. By the sea I stop walking, and glance at myself once more before dunking it in. To acknowledge the past and to let it drown free. To fill up a sea and contaminate it more with something other than an new me.

Today is a day my past drowns forever. To a day when I don't look back at my shadows. When I no longer stare at ceilings to find an answer already lost in oblivion's translation. So that I can connect to reality again, so I can see my family again.

So until I am transformed new again, I will forever chain my old selves by the feet, to my feet, walk them to the sea, unbind them from me, and set them free. So that I can cry happily. And comb my hair without swaying in the rhythm of memories. So that my past can no longer hypnotize me. So that I can snap forward, to a new self, which I will slowly begin to love, again.