11

Mark walked into the room where doctors were buzzing around Isabella shouting different bits of medical information informing the late comers what they were dealing with and what their next steps would be.

Mark saw the intern ready to put in her iv, he ran to her side knowing how much she hated needles, what she was little  getting her injections it would involve all of the shephards to distract her, the minute she saw the needle she would freak, hitting and punching, she wasnt a violent child but when a needle was coming towards her she was. Mark knew that she couldnt feel the needle but he needed to comfort her, he needed to be useful or at least feel usefull.

He wasnt listening to all the doctors argueing over the best course off care he was focusing on Isabella brushing her dark brown hair out of her face and with every stroke he remebered all the times he had done this to comfort her, she wasnt a cryer, she very rarely cried but Mark and Derek could always tell when something was wrong with Isabella and all she needed was some comfort which usually meant laying her in one the boys lap as they watched beauty and the beast or enchanted for the hundreth time while they brushed her hair out of her face and helping her to calm down.

"It will all be okay Iggy. You will be okay Iggy. We well get you out of here then you will be off to paint and get messy. Please be okay" Mark pleaded into her hair.

Then the doctors discussions were immediately put on hold as her vital mechine started tk beep loudly and aggressively then there was no noise, getting the doctors attention panicking them as they ran to her side jumping into action.

"Shes coding" Doctor hunt yelled as he started compressions
"Paddles" Cristina demanded as she was given what she needed, she took doctor hunts place, placing the paddles on Isabella's chest but before she could give her next order she needed Mark to move.

"Mark move" Cristina bellowed
"No im not leaving her"
"Mark i cant save her till you move" Cristina shouted firmly.

"Mark" Lexi softly said taking Marks free hand in hers " let Yang give her a chance"

Marks hand slipped down isabellas face landing in his own lap and he felt no hope in him that she would survive and he didnt like that feeling.

"Clear" Cristina instructed but there still was no noise her heart didn't react the doctors worse fears came true.
"Charge again" "clear" cristina shouted you could hear the hope slipping from her words as she looked up and saw the dispair in marks eyes and the scared looks from Isabellas mum and older sister through the window she needed to save this girl. She had been the one who saved the girls brother when he was shot she felt a duty to do the same but there still was no heart beat.

"Starting compressions" Owen informed moving Cristina out of the way trying his best to save the girl.

"Come on Ig, fight. You are the strongest person in this room. Fight do not let  connor take this from you too. We need you ig, i need you, Derek and Amelia need you, the three may not tell you but they need you, they wouldnt know what to do with out their little sister, none of us would. Come back to us" Mark cried into Isabella's hair hoping she heard what he said getting her to fight, fight for her life.

"Mark you ready?" Cristina asked holding the paddles back on jsabellas chest for another try hoping this would be the saving try.

Mark sat up, close to Lexi all he did was nod.
"Clear" Cristina yelled.

Everyones eyes were glued to her vital machine hoping to see some indication that she was fighting, fighting to be back with them, no ones eyes diverted from the machine.

Everyone in the room, wanted this girl to leave like they do with every patient but they had all seen a glimpse into jer realtionship on some way, so they knew that she couldnt let connor take her life too even though he didnt cause the accident. They also knew how much she meant to her family, how kind she is, she had walked passed all of them at least once during her visit and even though she didnt know them she always smiled sweetly like they were old friends they couldn't let this girl die.
The machine never changed.

"Charge" cristine determindly demanded.
"Cristina no, shes gone" Owen softly spoke.
"No no no" Mark cried "try one more time please" he begged.

"Fine, Charge"
"Clear"

From out of the hall an deathly cry could be heard from outside of the trauma room no one looked as they knew who it came from they all knew the cry of a mother all too well an occupational hazard.