2

The car ride was quiet, you could hear a pin drop.
Isabella didnt know what to say to Meredith all she knew about was the bitchy moaning comments that her sisters said when they found out that Derek had got married at city hall. Isabella thought it was brave and romantic, the sort of wedding she wants not to have to deal with her judgemental sisters nit picking every decision she made or even taking over the planning.

Meredith turned into a car park, Isabella noticed that this car park was infront of the police station.

"Dereks in there?"
"Yes yes he is" meredith answred as she got out of her car.
"Why?" Isabella asking catchung up with meredith.
"He was driving to fast"

"Hello again Doctor Grey" the officer behind the desk smiled at meredith "you probably know where your going" the oficer continued as he opened the door.

As they walked down the hall way, Isabella could hear her brothers voice talking about some medical jargon which for an art student she understands, she understands alot of medical jargon because that is always the topic of conversation at the table in her family.

They came to a cell which held 4 men and her brother 3 of which were crowding around derek giving out medical advice.

"Again derek" Meredith bellowed
"Again?" Isabella enquired as her brothers attention was suddenly on her confused.
"Isabella" He said for clarification as he was relised from the cell.
"Did mum not call you, shes kicked me out it was you or Nancy ir Liz or Kathlen and im good"
"Mum did what" derek shouted stopping in his tracks in the door way of the police station.

"Im only joking i wasnt kicked out. Im here for aweek before I start school and mum told me to cime see you to congratulate you on being chief but i think she had an underlying reason"
"He got shot" meredith blerted out as she got in the car leaving derek to pick up the pieces.

"Meredith" Derek sneered but she was gone smiling to herself.

"You got shot" isabella was trying to understand.
"Yes, there was a shooter at the hospital and i got shoot lets get in the car"
"Really i find out you get shoot and lets just move on"
"Yes its not a big deal" Derek calmly explained slightly opening his car door but Isabella shut it for him.

"Not a big deal, you got shot like dad did and no big deal."
"Dont bring dads death into this its not the same"
"Not the same yes it is, you are trying to hide this from me your sister like you did back then"
"You were 6 months, you didnt understand" derek explained.

"Do you think i remember?" Isabella bluntly questioned
"What?" Derek shouted
"Do you think i remember" she firmly spoke
"No, you werent there what is there to remeber"
"Hmm yeah, well i do, remember mum getting the phone call that dad was shot because she dropped the phone to the floor as she to fell to the floor, she then grabbed me chucked me in the car, drove to the hospital yes I may not remember everything as clearly as you do but i remember he was my dad too but i was l6 months so everyone assumed i wouldnt remember or be hurt i only knew my dad for a short time. He was my dad too."
"I know" derek smoothly said smiling.
"You got shoot like our dad and i didnt know, im your sister, tell me stuff please. I am not nancy, kathleen or Liz i wint turn up and try to take over to help you recover while also giving you my oppinion on your life and i am not Amelia wont turn up high or drunk making everything about my struggles . I am me, tell me"
"I know im sorry" Derek smiled hugging his younger sister.

"So why are you actaully here?" Derek enquired as he opened tbe car door.
"Im here for a week before college starts."
"Which med school?" Derek assumped. "Have I got another nero shephard to train?" Derek asked excitedly
Isabella replied with a small chuckle.
"What?"
"Have you spoken to mum recently"
"No"
"Nancy or Liz or Kathleen"
"No" Derek lightly chuckled.

"Oh your so lucky" was Isabellas first responce.
"Okay brace your self, Meredith you nay want to pull over oh wait red light".
"Iz"
"I am going to art school" Isabella spat out.

Derek smiled to himself, proud of his younger sister for breaking out of the shephard moudle. He looked up at the lights to see if they were still red.

Derek turned round with a hard look, scaring Isabella ready for a lecture one she probably has already heard.

"Derek listen i know it not a proper job" before she could finish what she was saying dereks facial expression changed from deadly scary to soft and smiley.

"Really happy for you and proud that you persuade your dream" derek beamed.

Isabella returned the smile, he was the only one in her family to support her dreams, her sisters and her mum all had their own ideas mainly becoming a doctor of some form, her 3 older sisters who all have children felt she should be a pediatric doctor because shes good with children, her other sister Amelia wanted her to be a nero surgeon like Amelia and Derek, so she could teach her and have something that derek hasnt done pass on the shephard nero knowledge to live on and her mum wanted her to be cardio surgeon for no reason well Isabella assumed it was because that was the only area of health care that there wasnt a Dr Shepherd but  derek never had an input, well he moved away from the family rather quickly so he wasnt around for those conversations.