Chapter 20: Social constructions

The mansion was quite close to Madison dorm's, a few blocks away. The place was packed with energetic teenagers and drunk college students. Loud music that made the ground vibrate came from the speakers. Sweaty bodies swayed around me and clouds of nicotine flew through the room. The parties I had gone to before were nothing compared to this one. I looked over at Jaden, who was greeting people with a simple nod. The neon lights shone on him making him look like a scene in Euphoria. Jaden narrowed his eyes at something.

" I'll be right back, Aria." He said, without diverting his eyes from what he had seen.

He left me there so, I had no other option than to explore the area.

I entered a room in which there were various groups of people. Some dancing, others laughing and chatting. A group of three very attractive girls approached me.

" Are you Aria?" The one in the middle said. Her long blonde hair almost reached her lower back and her dark green eyes were fixed on me. She looked like she came straight from a magazine.

" Of course she is, Natalie. You're so blind." The one on the left exclaimed sarcastically. They were obviously very close. This one had a pixie haircut and had a sleeker silhouette, her voice perfectly pitched to her aspect. She was slightly shorter and kind of looked like a fairy.

" I'm sorry, do I know you guys?" I said, confused.

They looked at each other and laughed.

" I'm sorry. No, I don't think you do." Natalie said, grabbing my hand. " I'm Natalie and this is Rebecca." She said pointing to the pixie haircut girl. " And she is Victoria." She pointed towards the girl on the right.

That girl was the most attractive out of all of them, her dirty blonde, perfectly straightened hair was wrapped up into a tight bun. Her light hazel eyes stood out with her white short dress. Her gaze was so sharp she could blind someone. Unfortunately for me, I would be her first victim. She looked back at her phone, ignoring my presence.

" Ignore Vic, she doesn't like new-comers," Rebecca said, putting an arm around my shoulders and eyeing Victoria.

" We know you from that video a chick called Becky posted on her story," Natalie said.

" Which one?" I said, confused.

" The one where you broke up the fight between Daniel and Jaden and then told Jaden off."

" Nobody ever tells Jaden off that way, we knew immediately that you belonged in our group," Rebecca said, grinning.

Victoria glanced up from her phone at the mention of Jaden's name and left.

" Oh yeah, I don't let any man intimidate me," I said, smirking and completely ignoring the fact that that was literally what had happened 25 minutes ago.

" I already love her" Natalie laughed.

They led me to the dance floor and we started dancing. In the beginning, I was shy but I soon loosened up and let myself move with the rhythm. We were hyping each other up. I realized I was having fun with 2 girls I had never even known a few hours ago. We had a few shots of something that burned when I swallowed it. The girls seemed to love it. A Nicki Minaj song came on and the three of us yelled the lyrics out. I understood why people went to parties at that point.

A couple of hours later, we were sitting on the couch, exhausted from our dancing and drinking session.

" That was exhilarating!" I said, sighing.

" I love how you talk, your vocabulary is so fun," Natalie said, giggling.

" It's a good thing we met," I said, grabbing another drink. " I would have probably been lost somewhere."