Not so far. Yet

"No problem you continue. We will wait." They refused to join us politely.

"It is never a problem to join to worship which gives us food. This mud, these grains don't differentiate people as if these belong to the owner only to satisfy their hunger. These grains, the farmers who work hard on this holy soil don't have any partiality or any pleasure for money. The farmers only need their crops grown fully whom they look as their only way of life. Infact we city people need to worship the food grains whose value can't be imagined. Don't hesitate and come." Satyam thattha gave them a long super speech. That's why I admire him the most. No one would be as inspiring as him. Being an ex service man from Air force and now being in agriculture is my pride to be his grand daughter.

"Guys stand there with them." Saranya told the men sorry guys indicating us- me, akka, Stace and Vishwa.

Elders first did small pooja worshipping the annapurna for a healthy diet and with the sickle we all harvested our first crops of the field.

RISHI'S POV

"Can I give a hand for help?" I asked Vidya who was busy in harvest.

"Do you know how to do it?" She asked not looking up at me.

"I can do it if someone teaches me." I said with some hope in me. Hell! I don't know even 'A' of agriculture.

"It is not so easy." She told.

"What is there to try? If you don't want me to do harvest then I am okay with it." I told. I like to spend time around her. I like her whether she likes me or not.

"Dei Vishwa eruma (buffalo in tamil.)!" She called vishwa correcting her pallu.

"Eyy. I am your mama (cross cousin). At least call me Anna. Give me some respect." He shouted.

"Respect should be earned not asked da" she mocked him. I was trying not to laugh.

"See, you are our guest. And we don't make our guests work. Plus..." She told turning to me.

"Plus what?"

"Nothing. You are new here so it would be nice if you don't do this." Why the hell she doesn't wante here?

"Did you listen what Satyam thattha said? He said the grains, the farmer doesn't differentiate between people to whom they grow crops. Then who are you and me to say who need to work and who need not. Those who are willing to be with this holy soil, this soil won't leave them. It would be my wish if I am let to be a part of this." I told.

"At your own risk" she mumbled

"Be careful. You are holding a sickle in your hand. While cutting you may cut your hand too." She explained how to do it.

And yes I was learning it!

Suddenly I lost my attention and  winced in pain.

"What happened?" She asked  with concern.

"I cut my hand... " I said looking at hand which she was holding it. I felt joy.

"Cut is deep I think." She examined hand while I was admiring her.

"Come with me.." she dragged me from there made me sit under the tree. She opened a small knot from her tied end of her dhavani(dupatta).

"You have turmeric powder handy.." I asked her.

"Yeah. Stacy is quite clumsy. And myself get some wounds sometimes." She said clearing my wound slowly as if it was hurt for her.

"Here. Now stop wandering and silently go home and ask akka to it dress properly." She dusted her hands.