More Bad Than Good

Start from the beginning

Stiles and I both nodded but Scott had zoned out.

"Scott? Scott!" Mr Stilinski said.

"Sorry. What did you say?"

A car pulled up and the Sheriff sighed. Mr Tate and Mr McCall stepped out.

"Oh, hell"

"Mr. Tate" Mr Stilinski said.

"Mr. Tate?" Scott's dad repeated.

"It's hers" he replied, looking at the blanket in Mr Stilinski's hands.

Mr McCall sighed. "All right, wait here"

"Dad" Scott said.

"I'll talk to you in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods this late" Mr McCall snapped back.

He went off and Stiles' dad followed.

Scott and I listened.

"What the hell are you doing bringing him here?" Sheriff Stilinski said.

"I'm getting confirmation on a more than significant lead. And starting to understand why your department can't close cases" Scott's dad retorted.

"There's no body. There's no remains to identify" Mr Stilinski argued.

"Well, not yet, Sheriff. But do a little digging and I'm sure you'll uncover something. Like the bones of a 9-year-old girl" Agent McCall said.

I turned to Scott. "Your dad is a dick" I whispered.

He scoffed and nodded.

"I think you're going to find it's just a little bit more complicated than that, Special Agent" I herd Mr Stilinski say.

"Come on, Stilinski, you know how this goes. It's the not knowing that ruins people like Tate. The truth, no matter how profoundly it sucks the truth is always better than not knowing"

~

"Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails" Stiles said, showing the map on the Samsung tablet to Allison.

"Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel in fixed trails" she said. "But I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart. If they don't want to be heard, they actually walk on their toes"

"Coyotes tip-toe?" Stiles asked in disbelief.

"They tip-toe"

The bell rung and I sighed.

"I got to go, but send me the pinned location" Allison said.

"Okay" Scott replied as we headed to our seats.

I took my seat and saw Scott was about to when the girl who had informed us about Bardo came up to him.

I decided to eavesdrop.

"Hey. I'm Kira" She smiled. "You knew that. I knew you knew that. I don't know why I just told you that again" she shook her head. "Anyway, I have something for you"

"For me?" Scott asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. About the bardo. My explanation was sort of all over the place, so I did some research and I printed it out for you" Kira said.

How sweet.

I heard Scott chuckle. "Ah, you didn't have to do that"

"It only took a couple of hours" She shrugged, looking through her bag.