"Good enough for me, Derek?" I said.

"You want me to run?" My brother said.

"No. I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish" I rolled my eyes. "Of course I want you to run"

"Sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town" Peter added.

"If you want to fight and die for something, that's fine with me, but do it for something meaningful" Cora said.

"How do you know I'm gonna lose?" Derek questioned.

"We don't, but I'll bet she has an idea. Don't you, Lydia?" Peter said.

"I don't know anything" she said.

"But you feel something, don't you?"

"What do you feel?" Derek asked.

She sighed. "I feel like I'm standing in a graveyard"

~

The alarm started blaring signalling Kali and Aiden had arrived.

But then Kali hit it with her fist and it stopped.

"Where is he?" She demanded.

Lydia snapped her fingers and looked at me. "I think he said he was heading out to do some shopping, run a few errands, the usual-" she cleared her throat. "-werewolf afternoon"

"Who do you think you're talking to?" Kali sneered.

"Someone in desperate need of a pedicure" I said.

"I'd be happy to give you a referral" Lydia added.

"Oh, really?" She said, turning around to a growling Aiden. "Did someone take their little assignment too seriously?"

He sighed. "She is not the problem"

"Maybe the problem is where your loyalties lie"

"Oh, god. Is this about to get really violent?" Lydia asked.

Ethan and I nodded. "Probably"

The glass from the ceiling shattered and fell to pieces on the floor.

Lydia, Ethan and I dived out of the way.

The person who had so kindly shattered the roof, lifted their head up.

"So who wants to go first?" Jennifer Blake said smugly.

Kali growled and the two of them started to fight. Jennifer launched Kali to the floor.

Aiden ran forwards but ended up next to Kali.

I looked over to see Ethan tearing his shirt off, and then Aiden, as they started to merge into one another. Jennifer, however managed to pull them apart and throw them across the room.

"That's right, Kali. Look at me. Look at my face. Do you know what it takes to be able to look like this, to be able to look normal?" She sneered.

"I don't care" Kali replied.

"It takes power. Power like this"

As Jennifer lifted her arms up, the glass on the floor started to rise up and float in the air.

"I-I should've- I should've ripped your head off!" Kali screamed.

Jennifer extended her arms and the glass flew, lodging into Kali, who fell to the ground with a thud.

The two, now merged, twins came forwards at Jennifer, who casually reached over and basically snapped their neck.

Lydia gasped.