"Did you tell him that?" I raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"No"

I rolled my eyes. "I feel like he likes Cora more than me. You know, she wouldn't come back with me last year. But when she found out he was an alpha building a pack, then she decided to come home"

"I mean, I don't trust her. To be perfectly honest, I don't really trust anyone in this messed up family apart from you" Peter said.

"Okay, what are you planning?" I asked curiously.

"Me? Why would I be-"

"You're agreeing with me and you're being nice to me. You're definitely planning something" I said.

"I'm not planning anything. I'm just simply stating that I think you shouldn't have to put up with all the shit Derek gives you. Look, I know he's your brother but he's not your leader. Shay, think about it, you answer to Scott. I mean, you have the potential to be an alpha yourself but with Scott leading you, the two of you are extremely powerful. Derek knows that. I can't decide if he's jealous or just incredibly worried, or maybe both. But all Derek ever does is hold you back. You can take care of yourself" Peter said.

I shook my head. "What are you trying to say?"

"You don't have to fall out with him because I know how much he loves you. You're his sister after all. But are you really part of his pack? Or are you part of Scott's?" He parked the car outside the warehouse.

"I can't believe you're saying this" I said, reaching for the handle of the car.

"Just wait" Peter grabbed my wrist.

"Don't touch me" I snapped.

He sighed and removed his hand.

"Shay, you're gonna go in there and it's gonna be a cute little reunion and then all he's going to do is have a massive go at you. All I'm saying is that you need to tell him how you feel"

"And why should I listen to you?"

Peter smirked. "Why wouldn't you listen to me?" I stared at him blankly. "Actually, don't answer that"

"Look I don't know if you're genuinely trying to help of if you're being a scheming little shit like always. But Derek and I are fine"

I hopped out of the car and headed inside.

"Derek?" I called out. "Derek?"

"Where have you been?" He asked.

I sighed in relief, running over to my brother and wrapping my arms around him.

"I thought you were dead" I said, still holding him tightly.

"It's okay" he said, rubbing my back calmingly.

I pulled away with a smile on my face. "When Ethan said that-"

"Ethan?"

"Yeah. Um, it's a long story" I said, throwing my bag down on the floor.

"Why were you with Ethan?" Derek frowned.

"Allison, Lydia and I went on a little road trip. Well, Allison wanted to follow the school bus to make sure Scott was okay. Turns out he wasn't and he nearly died. He's okay now though. Uh anyway, we kinda got stranded in this creepy motel and all the werewolves started going crazy and we all tried to kill ourselves. So after successfully saving Isaac, Scott, Ethan and Boyd, we went and slept on the bus for the night. And when coach came in the morning, Lydia noticed wolfsbane in his whistle. We figured that was what made us go crazy. And if that wasn't enough of a discovery, Ethan told us that you were alive" I explained quickly.