"Suicides. This hotel keeps a record of the number of suicides they've had" Lydia informed.

"Suicides?" Allison frowned.

"Yep. 198 of them" I said.

"198?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes, and we're talking 40 years. On average, that's 4.95 a year...which is actually expected. But who commemorates that with a framed number? Who does that?" Lydia said, looking disgusted.

"All suicides?" Allison asked again.

"Yes. Hanging, throat-cutting, pill-popping, both-barrels-of-a-shotgun- in-the-mouth suicides. I don't know about you, but me, I-" Lydia cut off.
"Did you hear that?"

Allison and I looked at each other.

"Hear what?" I asked.

Lydia stepped onto the bed and closer to a vent on the wall.

"Lydia?" Allison frowned.

"Oh, my God, oh, my God" Lydia repeated. "Oh, my God"

She gasped, stumbling backwards.

"What is it, Lydia? What happened?" I asked.

"Didn't you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Allison questioned.

"The two people in the other room. They shot each other" she started heading to the door.

"Lydia" I cautioned as she ran past rooms, eventually stopping at one to push open the door.

"Hello?" She called out, trying to flick on the light switch.

"Lydia, what are you doing?" Allison asked as she stepped inside.

"Hello?" Lydia repeated. After receiving no answer, she switched on a desk lamp. The three of us looked around to see the room was being redecorated. "It had to be right here. It was a guy and a girl, and, I mean, they sounded younger, but they were here" She said, her hands shaking.

"I believe you" Allison said. "After everything we've been through, I believe you"

Lydia looked at me.

"I believe you too"

Lydia sighed and turned around to look at the wall. She then stepped closer, transfixed on something.

"Come on let's get out of here" Allison said, touching Lydia's arm.

Lydia turned back around, still looking in shock, and followed us out and back into the room.

"You know, there is something seriously wrong with this place" She said when we stepped back inside our room. Lydia then went over to the shelves and started grabbing her stuff. "We need to leave" She said.

"But they were suicides, not murders, and it's not like this place is haunted, right?" Allison argued.

"Maybe it is. You know, I bet that couple made their suicide pact in that very room" she said. "Maybe that's why they're renovating. Maybe they've been scraping brain matter off the wood paneling" Lydia exclaimed in a shrill voice.

I looked at the two girls. "Maybe we should find out"

A sudden dizziness overcame me and I stumbled against the wall.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Allison ask.

Doubles of Lydia and Allison appeared in front of me.

"Shay? Shay are you okay?" Lydia asked, her voice echoing in my head.