17

i look out the rear view mirror, to see liana taking a picture of my license plate. shit.

we catch our breath and turn out of the park. i take the long route going back to travis' house, but nobody seems to be following us.

"travis? i think she got my license plate number. what do i do?" i ask, my ming racing a million miles per hour. is she gonna hurt me? track me down?

"i dont know. im so sorry." he responds, his head in his hands.

"its ok i promise, its not at all your fault. she's the psycho one."

the rest of the car ride home is silent, except for crickets panting in the back seat. we arrive at the house in a few minutes, and we walk in to see three very concerned boys.

"travis! are you ok? did she follow you?" cooper says frantically, running up to us.

"w-we're ok, but she got a picture y/n's license plate. i dont know what to do.." travis trails off, walking and flopping onto the couch. seeing him like this breaks my heart. cooper and josh comfort him, but i just take a seat at the kitchen bar. what in the world am i gonna do?

- - - -
tw// marijuana

its been about an hour since we got home, and everyone's sitting in silence somewhere in the living room. cooper got out his bong, and everyone but josh is taking hits. i may be bringing back bad habits of smoking when im stressed, but i really have no idea what to do in this situation.

im seated on the floor below travis, between his feet. cooper is spread out on the couch, his feet on noah's lap. josh is in the corner of the L shape in the couch, all comfy like on his phone and petting cricket. someone passes me the bong again, and i take another rip.
//tw over
"we should be doing something." i say, worried liana's gonna show up at my house.

"i dont know what we can do. call the cops?" cooper says.

"i know she's mean, but she didnt used to be.." travis says, obviously depressed about the entire situation.

noah looks up. "what do you mean? she was always fucked up! she treated you like shit travis!"

"no she didn't! you know it was me! i-i didn't mean to, i dont wanna do it again..." travis yells, but he gets quiet at the end. he looks like he's about to cry.

noah sighs. "im sorry travis, but it was never you. she made you think it was her. im sorry i yelled."

josh looks surprised at their interaction, while cooper seems to be mostly asleep.

"im going upstairs." travis says, and does, leaving me in the floor alone.

after a few moments, i decide to break the silence. "what did liana do?" i squeak out, worried i'm gonna be confronted like travis was.

"she hurt travis, then made him think it was his fault. at first she seemed ok, then when he got attached, she fucked him up." noah frowns.

"im sorry. last time i dated was high school, and that was dumb shit. i dont know how to help travis." i admit.

"its not your thing to worry about, you should've never been involved." noah says.

josh looks to me and motions for me to go upstairs, probably to talk to travis. i nod and bring cricket with me.

me and my dog get to his door, where i knock twice. "hey trav? its me and cricket. can we come in?"

i hear a sniffle or two, then a muffled "yea."

i open the door to find a very sad travis, all curled up in his blanket like a burrito. even though he's obviously been crying i still find him adorable.

"hey... im sorry this happened trav." i walk over to him and wrap my arms around his burrito.

he leans into me and sniffles again, staying silent. we stay like this for a while, until cricket starts whining at the door. i chuckle and raise up to open it for him, but travis stops me.

"just a little longer?" he chokes out. my heart breaks all over again.

"im not leaving, im just gonna open the door for cricket, ok?" i smile sympathetically, he nods.

after opening the door i come back to see travis has opened one side of his burrito, like a bird would open its wing. i smile and sit right next to him, and he closes up the blanket with us both inside. he giggles and lays down, making me lay down with him.

neither of us speak, we just lay here in each others company, smiling. he turns to face me, so i face him as well. i examine his face, his cute little smile is wide and his eyes are twinkling. i boop his nose, and he scrunches it in response. we both giggle again. suddenly, he wraps his arms around me in his now signature bear hug, and kisses my forehead. my cheeks flush.

"hey travis?"

"uh huh?"

"i love you."

"i love you too."