Chapter 2: Seeing is Believing

Start from the beginning

The table of friends all laughed at that.

"Odd. What are you up to now?" Coach Jim said.

"We're holding auditions for our group." Odd explained as he handed a flyer to the teacher. "Hey, if anyone is interested, we need a drummer!"

In case you're wondering what everyone's position is in the band, Ulrich is on keyboard, Odd is on electric guitar, Mel is on guitar, Yumi is a singer and Amy is the backup singer.

Odd passed out flyers to just about anyone he passed by, until one of Sissi's cronies, Nicholas, approached him and he didn't give him one.

Amy frowned a little at this as she thought it was a little mean of him, even if it was to one of Sissi's cronies.

****

Odd was trying to make a decision as to what drink to get from the vending machine, but he was taking too long so Ulrich pressed one for him.

"Hey! You pressed soup!" Odd said.

"Oh, come on. It's not that aweful." Ulrich said.

The machine whirred for a bit before only a drop of soup came out.

"Oh, this miserable machine's on the blink again." Odd complained.

"Maybe it's another power failure." Jeremy said.

"Are you worried?" Mel asked.

"Yeah, I am." Jeremy replied. "I'll keep checking things out."

"If you need us we'll be in the gym." Yumi said. "We're going to hold auditions."

****

Just as Yumi said, they were all in the gym as they listened to people play on the drums.

"Well, yeah, you've got a lot of style." Odd said. "It's heavy metal, right?"

"Oh yeah, for sure. I love it." The boy, Mike, said.

"Really sorry, Mike. But we're looking for something a little more traditional." Amy said.

Mike shrugged as if it was no big deal and walked off the stage.

"Next!" Odd called out and his face lit up as the next person walked in.

It was a pretty brunette girl and Amy couldn't help but feel a small pang of hurt in her chest as she saw the way Odd looked at her. Mel took notice of her twin's change in mood and took her hand as she gave it a comforting squeeze, causing Amy to send her a brief appreciatiative smile.

"Hello, guys." The girl said as she stood on stage.

"Hey, how are you, Naomi? I didn't know you played the drums." Odd said.

"Well, yeah, a little. Besides, I've always dreamed of being in a band." Naomi replied.

"Okay, then. Go on." Ulrich said.

Naomi started playing the drums and they all flinched a little at how bad she was.

"Great, Naomi! That was fantastic! I mean, come on. We're not going to find anyone better, right?" Odd said as she finished playing.

Ulrich, Mel, Amy and Yumi all gave him a look.

They went through a few more auditions before Jeremy ran in seemingly out of breath.

"This is Xana's doing. I'm almost sure of it." Jeremy said as he sat down.

"Yeah, go on." Yumi said.