"So it's basically only been a little over two weeks?" the couple nodded in affirmation, "that's crazy, yall look soooo boo'd up and happy and in love." Anais dragged actually shocked that they hadn't been dating for months on end years even.

"Thank you," Soraya smiled as she interlinked their fingers. Hezekiah brought her hand to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to the back of it causing her to snuggle against him.

"Have you guys said the l word yet? Me and Felix didn't until about over a year in." Anais spoke proudly because they were proud of how slow they moved.

"No we haven't," Soraya responded when Hezekiah didn't. Trying not to give off any signs of suspicious behaviour he just dully nodded.

"That's good, don't rush it — things end up going wrong the quicker you go." The couple both nodded understanding.

"la nourriture est prête!" Felix yelled as he set out all the plates on the dining table.
[la nourriture est prête=foods ready]

"Nowadays near enough everybody I encounter is just bilingual," Soraya huffed as her boyfriend and Anais stood to their feet. Hezekiah pulled his girlfriend up and she lazily allowed herself to fall into him, "translate it." she commanded mumbling.

"He said foods ready baby." Anais let out a small chuckle as they all walked to the small dining room next to the kitchen, there was a doorless door in between the two so you could see the wooden dining table set out with plates filled with all different pastries.

Soraya's mouth fell as she stared at it in awe, "this looks absolutely amazing." Anais smiled at their boyfriends compliment as they kissed his lips and sat down next to him the other couple sat opposite, leaving the only seats free on each end of the table.

"Alright so I made a chocolate tart, butter tarts, egg tarts, custard tarts, treacle tarts - as you can see we're huge tart lovers." Felix exclaimed as Anais blushed, "I particularly don't like egg tarts I don't like the texture or after taste, I don't know if you guys have sensitive tongues or stuff like that however Anais here loves them so I always cook it for them." Anais nodded in confirmation.

"I really do," they said smiling, "these are nanaimo bars," Anais held the desert in between their index finger and thumb, "as you can see it is made of wafer, nuts and a coconut crumb base in the centre and smothering it is chocolate ganache. It is amazing, living in Canada and being with Felix has introduced me to a whole new variety of foods especially desserts."

"What's this?" Soraya asked curiously pointing at a brown and white dessert.

"That's a whoopie pie, it's originated from America so I'm surprised you don't know what it is." Felix educated as he bit into a butter tart.

"No Glendale's like a little 'fancy' baby." Anais corrected as Soraya laughed.

"That is an absolute lie, Glendale is on the peak of Phoenix and it is not even remotely close to fancy. That is Bisbee."

"I've never been Bisbee before it looks very cliche and composed there though." Anais said as they wiped their fingers on their boyfriend who only scowled at them.

"These tastes amazing, oh my did you make these?" Soraya had taken a huge liking into the whoopie pie's despite her boyfriend steering clear of them and focusing on the plate of chocolate chip cookies.