Chapter 8

Rose's Pov:

Jack continues to tell me more about what he can remember from his childhood. We are taking a walk around the boat one last time before we get ready to get in New York. We put the few items that we have into a bag, and Jack has it slung over his shoulder.

We already said goodbye to Flora who we ran into a few times and her kids as well. I loved watching Jack interact with them. He is such a natural and he always makes the kids laugh. I can already tell that he is going to be a great dad someday.

"Hey Rose, you listening," he snaps his fingers in front of my face and breaks me away from my thoughts.

"Sorry, I was thinking about Mary and William. You were so good with them, you're going to be a great dad someday." I smile at him and press my lips to his. I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me closer by my waist.

"You are going to be a great mother, one day."

"Yup one day," I nod my head at me. We looked out for symptoms for the next few days but we got nothing. My cycle started and we even checked with another doctor on board that I was not pregnant. As much as I want to have a family with Jack, right now I don't think it is the right time.

*A few hour later*

Jack's Pov:

The boat has officially docked and we are in New York. Rose and I had to get one last check to make sure we had no fever or anything left, but we were cleared.

There was a big line of people to get off the boat, and we were being checked before we got off. Rose was holding my hand very tightly, as if I would leave if she let go. When we got to our turn to walk off the boat, I let Rose go in front of me. I put my hand on the small of her back while leading her off. We get off the ramp and Rose immediately clasps my hand in hers again.

"You ready," I look at her and ask.

"Yes, I'm ready to start a new life, with you," she squeezes my hand as she adds the last part. 

Thank you so much for reading, and check out my other stories if you would like to as well. 

-Ag