Chapter 20

Aria's POV

I placed my hands on side upon seeing Mr angry Parker. He came in and shook hands with Mr Queen firmly while looking at me in eye. It was getting uncomfortable so I looked down to avoid him. The rest of the members also came. Mr Parker went to the centre of table and instantly there was pin drop silence. He had this powerful aura around him that made everyone respect him.

"Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. Please be seated and we shall start the meeting."

Everyone followed his order and took thier respective seats. There was only one  seat vacant to the left side of Mr Parker. Not having any other option other than to sit there, I sighed and sat there.

"Miss Campbell would start the presentation."

I was shocked to hear that. I looked at him wide eyed and was freaking out but he sat in his seat calmly as if he didn't dropped this huge bomb on me. I can't believe this man. How can he just forget to mention the detail that I would be explaining this presentation to the clients. I mean I know how to explain the presentations and especially here I have nothing to worry about because while making it, I checked every detail thrice which is why I know it orally. I know these are important clients and I can't mess this up. Having no way out I stood up. I took the pendrive which was besides Mr Parker and went towards laptop to connect it. Once it was done, I turned on the projector and dimmed the lights of the room. I looked at everyone to see thier attention was already on me. 'Here goes nothing' I thought to myself.

An hour later, I was done with it. I closed the presentation and turned on the lights. I looked at everyone but they weren't saying anything. Shit, I definately said something wrong. Oh god, why did it have to be me? I am sure I would be fired now. Where would I get a job? No one will employ-

There were claps which stopped my thoughts. I looked at Mr Parker but he was having a stoic face while others were having smile on thier face. I saw Mr Queen who was giving me geniune smile. I replied him with my small smile.

"The deal is confirmed Mr Parker." Mr Queen said.

Mr Parker stood up and did the handshake with him and everyone else. Soon after, everyone left the board room except me, Mr Queen and Mr Parker.

"The presentation was really good Miss Campbell." Mr Queen said.

"Thank you Sir."

"Oh please just call me Damon."

"Uhh that would be inappropriate sir." I tried to politely refuse him to call him by his first name.

"Oh I insist. Well lets do it this way. Would you like to have lunch with me today. We can know each other."

I wasn't expecting this. I mean is he asking me on a date or just as friends. Besides, he is our client and it would be totally unprofessional if I go out with him. What should I do? I looked at Mr Parker who was looking at me continuosly but with a blank face as usual. I looked at Damon who was looking at me hopefully. I was about to answer him when Mr Parker said.

"She can't today Mr Queen since she is having lunch with me." He said a bit rudely to Damon.

"Ohh my bad. Here is my number. If you want to grab a bite together any other day let me know."

"Sure Sir."

"Atleast call me Damon after breaking my poor little heart." He siad with a hand on his heart.

I chuckled at his words. Who knew CEO  can be friendly as well.

"Alright Damon and please call me Aria."