Chapter Twenty Nine

Começar do início

"You think I wanted this brat, Rafael?" My mom yelled. My eyes filled with tears at their loud voices. I knew better than to let her see them though. It would just make her angrier and she'd yell at me. 

"What does that have to do with me, Miranda?" He yelled back.

"I can't take care of her by myself Rafe! We're supposed to be a family!" She yelled.

"I had a family! I had one! Then you had to go and get pregnant and ruin it! So you and that damn bastard child can go to hell for all I care!" He yelled back and stormed to his car. My mom screamed for him as he drove away. After he left our eyesight, she turned to look at me. Her expression was dark. She came over and snatched the car door open. She grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me out of the car.

"This is all your fault!" She screamed in my face. Her eyes turned bright orange and I was filled with fear.

"Mommy?" I asked in fear.

"Shut up! It's all your fault he doesn't love me!" She screamed. An aura of fire surrounded her. The hand that was holding me, burning my arm. I couldn't hold back my screams of pain. I closed my eyes again.

When I opened my eyes, I was back in Beacon Hills. I was still on the ground. Someone was holding my arm and I looked over to see Helena. She was touching the same part that my mother had in the memory. I moved away from her as quickly as I could. She looked at me confused. I leaned against a random car, shaking and crying. I felt panic as she looked at me, my breath starting to come short.

"Mac!" I heard someone yell. I looked over to see Isaac and Brett running toward me. I shot into Issac's arms when they got close. I couldn't hold back my tears as I sobbed into his chest. I saw Brett's hurt face briefly out the corner of my eye. I knew he was probably hurt I didn't choose him for comfort, but he wouldn't understand. Isaac is the only one who can understand what I'm going through right now. Plus, I still haven't told Brett about my past with my mom.

"What the hell is going on?" Brett asked Helena.

"I don't know. I came outside and saw her just laying on the ground." Helena explained. "When she came to, she panicked and started crying."

"Let's get you home," Isaac whispered to me. I shook my head. The last thing I wanted to do was go home. I didn't want to be alone.

"Come on, Mac," Helena said, reaching for me. I pulled away from her.

"Get away from me!" I yelled. "Get her away from me!"

"I think it's best if you go," Isaac said to her. She sighed and slowly stood up. I watched as she walked away.

"What happened?" Isaac asked me.

"My mom. Her eyes were like mine." I said, my hands still shaking.

"When?" Isaac asked.

"The first time," I said and I knew Isaac understand.

"The first time? What does that mean?" Brett asked. I looked down, not wanting to answer.

"The first time she abused her," Isaac answered for me. Isaac helped me stand. I clung to his shirt. "I'm taking you home. Don't worry, okay? I'll stay with you."

"Wait, dude. I get she's your best friend, but she's my girlfriend. I got this." Brett said annoyance heavy in his voice.

"Look, you've been good to Mac so far, but this you can't help her with," Isaac said, holding me.

"Excuse me?" Brett growled.

"Can we do this another time?" Isaac asked, starting to lead me toward my car. I was snatched back by Brett. I yelped as his claws dug into my wrist. I tried to snatch away, but his grip tightened as he glared at Isaac. His eyes were no longer blue. They glowed a golden hue.

"What the hell is your problem?" Isaac asked him angrily.

"Brett, let go," I said, trying to pull away. His grip tightened again and I yelped as his claws dug in more. Isaac looked down at my wrist and glared, punching Brett in the face. Brett let go of me and fell to the ground. He jumped up with a low growl, but before he could attack Isaac I stepped in front of him. "Stop. You're causing a scene."

A few students noticed the commotion and were slowly starting to get closer. Brett's eyes turned back to their normal blue. I winced as I inspected my wrist. I knew the puncture wounds would heal, but I couldn't do it here.

"Mac, I'm sorry," Brett said, finally realizing he hurt me.

"Can we go now?" I asked Isaac. He nodded, wrapping an arm around me. He shot Brett a glare and led me toward the car. I glanced back at Brett who looking bay is with guilt. "I'll talk to you later."

-----------------------
Oof. Let me know what you think?

1472 Words

#BlackLivesMatter

#StopAsianHate

Remember Share, Like, Comment, ETC.