Part 8

Without even thinking twice Madison got into the car and locked it from inside. Her hands were shaking due to which the key fell from her hands. She grabbed it again and this time she inserted it furthermore turning the engine on. She gave that mansion a last look before the lightning struck onto that building. She didn't know whether the beast survived or not because she was busy driving the car and getting out of that haunted place (thank her Dad, who taught her driving in case there's some emergency). The streets were flooded but that didn't stop her. It didn't matter to her that she was underage driving, she knew she had to save herself.

“Why didn't these fools listen to my pleads and reasons! I warned them that it's not safe to go inside that horrible place, but they didn't listen to me. They had to do what they wanted to without even thinking of the consequences. Noah, Adriana, Ethan and then Hannah. They were my friends, my everything. How will I ever recover from this tragic event? I lost them, I lost everyone! How will I repay you, Hannah? She's gone. Everyone's gone. This feels so surreal. How's it possible to believe that one moment everyone was laughing and playing whereas the other, I saw bodies of my friends lying on the ground.” Various thoughts were going on in Madison's mind while she was crying and driving. She was cursing everything that happened that turned their world upside down. She didn't knew what to do.

After some time..

Madison reached the city (which one? God knows). She hurriedly searched for a hospital around and found one. The girl turned the engine off after parking the car and slammed her head on the steering wheel. She released a breath which she didn't know for how long she had kept in. After calming herself down, she got off of the car. Suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder..

“L- Lincoln?” That were Madison's words before she passed out in his hands.

Time Skip~

Madison opened her eyes just to see someone sleeping on the couch beside her. She called out his name and the person hurriedly went out the room in addition to coming back in along with a doctor.

After checking the girl, doctor advised her to stay in the hospital for a day. He gave her some medicines which she gladly took plus asked her to eat some fruits and porridge as she shouldn't stay empty stomach for long. After making sure she ate something doctor left the girl with her lover.

“What happened Lincoln? Why am I in here?” Questioned the patient.

“Remember, the day we came back from that place and you passed out in my hands. After that, I carried you in the hospital to the doctor. He told me that you have been traumatized due to something that happened and that's why you have been in coma for the past one month.” Answered her boyfriend.

“O-one month? That's..”

“Long time. I know. And the doctor found a clawed mark on your back. What happened Madison?”

“T-the h-horrible place.. u-ugly c-creature.. k-killing.. b-bodies.. f-friends.. d-die.. E-Ethan.. H-Hannah-h.. s-save me.. l-lightening-g.. c-car.. d-drive..”

With that Madison's oxygen level decreased and she passed out again. It made Lincoln panic and call the doctor in. After the doctor came, he put the oxygen mask on her. He furthermore advised Lincoln to not put any pressure on the patient about anything. If she would want to open up to him, she surely will but until then he had to keep his calm.

Doctor: Sooner or later, I'm sure she'll tell you everything Mr. Miller. Until then, please take care of her. She will get discharged tomorrow.

After three months...

“Four months. It's been four months since that devastating day came but it feels like yesterday. Everything feels so lonely without them. I miss them so much, everyone does. Every part of my body aches whenever I think about that day, it still haunts me. I have to go get therapy because of it. You might be wondering how Lincoln survived? I was thinking about it too when Linc himself came up with the reason after I explained to him what happened that night.” Thought Madison while sitting in the balcony of her room.