"Levi," you whisper to him. "Give me your car keys, please. Hurry."

He weakly gestures towards his pocket and you reach in, trying not to make contact with his skin, just in case he was bruised there.

You were not the best driver. In fact, you didn't have a car so driving felt like almost an entirely new thing to you. Plus, you had no idea how Levi's car worked. It was so new and definitely not like what you were used to. Well, at least you had your license.

"(Y/N)..." Levi says after some time. His voice is raspy, weak, and burning. He finds it agonizingly difficult to speak, so he refrains from saying anything further.

"Just hang in there," you frantically say. By now the keys are in the ignition, the car revs up, and almost immediately you and Levi have left the scene just mere minutes before the cops had shown up.

At first, you had no idea where to go. Levi was resting in the passenger seat, your usual seat, without saying a word. He couldn't tell you where to go, which was daunting at first. In a time where you were frantic, you needed some guidance.

Levi needs help. He needs help. He needs help.

As you drove, you realized that you couldn't take him to the hospital. What would the nurses say? Plus, it would only correlate with the gunshots and the blood back where you guys were. But you feared that Levi was in too much pain.

Then it came to you.

"EREN! MIKASA!"

The Jaeger household was the closest to you, so you were quick to drive there in hopes of getting Levi help. Eren had volunteered at the academy's nurse quarters, mostly because he was forced to, but that was better than nothing.

You limped to their front door with Levi leaning against you, his weight almost forcing you down.

Eren and Mikasa appear just as you called out for them, they both are short of breath when they see your bloody faces and bruised skin.

"Please help," you whimper.

Eren immediately goes to your side and shifts Levi's weight onto his own side, "what the hell is going on, (Y/N)?"

Your lips curl into a frown when you notice Levi cough up blood, which earns a slight gasp from Eren.

"I'll explain later, please help him."

They both take you and Levi into their home. There is an overwhelming scent of miso soup and incense. When you look, you noticed the freshly lit incense placed on Eren's mother's memorial shrine, next to her picture.

You walk past it and sat yourself in the living room with Mikasa, who had placed her hand onto your knee. "Do you need water?"

It took a few seconds for you register her question, you were preoccupied with Eren and Levi, who were walking towards the kitchen.

"Oh... uhm. No, thank you." You finally reply.

Water did sound good right now but you were unsure if your stomach could handle it. Instead, you swallow your own spit and bring your face into your hands. A wave of emotions overwhelmed you, making you confused as to whether you wanted to cry, scream, or puke. Or maybe all at once.

"What happened, (Y/N)?" She asks. Her voice monotone but she's still worried, the concern in her eyes and the way she had grabbed your hands gave it away.

Your eyes waver when you look at her. An attempt to hold back tears is made and it semi works, they're still watering. "Levi...H-he came over but then we left and then these guys they...they... Shit."

It was difficult to collect your thoughts, let alone words. Mikasa says nothing, rather she just pulls you into a hug, rubbing your back. It was rare for her to do this, which made it all the more comforting for you.

Levi Ackerman and Eren Jaeger sit quietly in the kitchen, only the sound of simmering miso soup in a pot could be heard.

"Levi..." Eren mutters, handing him an ice pack. "What the hell happened?"

Regardless of the profound stinging, Levi still spoke. "Some shitheads...they jumped me."

"Why?" Eren furrows his brows. He grabs rolled bandages from his first aid kit that he'd gotten from one of the cabinets, bracing himself for Levi's next words.

He was fully aware of Levi's status around the academy and even the whole city. Only because Eren would often work alongside Levi on certain jobs, sometimes. However, this was kept as a secret. Especially because Mikasa would absolutely lose her shit if she found out that he had ties with gang members.

Levi's breath hitches when he feels Eren dab a wet cloth on a bloody wound. "Shit."

"Why'd they come for you? Everyone is usually scared of you."

Levi doesn't say anything yet, rather he just grits his teeth to cope with the stinging sensations on all his open cuts and wounds.

Eren pesters him some more, though. "...Is it because of (Y/N)?"

Levi turns his head to the side. He catches a glimpse of you and Mikasa through the entrance that linked the two areas together. You look absolutely exhausted. There's blood on your shirt, on your face, and even on your hands. Your hair is also a mess and he notices the way your fingers were trembling.

Then he looks back at Eren, a sharp glare. "They were going to hurt her."

"How much did Kenny put up her bounty for?" Eren also takes a quick glance at you and then back at Levi.

"400 million."

Eren's stomach twists, his hand freeze in the midst of treating Levi's wounds. "T-That's..."

"I'll kill anyone who tries to go near her." Levi says, and it doesn't matter to him that it ached to speak.

"...Levi, you like her that much?"

"So what if I do?"