You don't let him, though. Despite the sharp sting in your abdomen and your blurring vision, you manage to land the hardest kick you could muster. With your luck, you had sent your attack to his groin, making him recoil and fall to the ground. Nile immediately guards his private area, allowing you to snatch the gun that had fallen out of his pocket.

"STOP!" You, a girl who had lived her entire life without shooting a gun, let alone been near one, had placed your finger on the trigger. To be quite honest, you had no idea how this was going to work or what your next move was.

Blow after blow, Levi was still being bombarded with overpowering men landing critical hits to his body. As strong as Levi was, he couldn't take so many punches all at once, especially when he was constantly being kicked down.

They don't stop, they don't even hear your pleads.

Inhale.

You ready your aim.

Exhale.

There's a ringing in your ears when your finger pressed the trigger of the loaded gun. It even sent you stuttering on your feet, leaving you unbalanced for a few short seconds. However, the shot successfully got the attention of everybody in the vicinity.

Everyone turns to you, even Levi who was severely bruised and beaten on the ground managed to turn his head to you.

Your heart is pounding. The taste of your own blood is surreal, you could throw up right here and now.

"She's fucking crazy," one of them says.

"You're lucky..." You exhale sharply, bringing your arm down. They were shocked to see that you had shot into the sky. "I-I haven't killed anyone yet."

Nile is still on the ground, hands protecting his groin. His colleagues sweat at the sight of their leader in this position.

"Leave or...or..." It's difficult to formulate sentences, you even forgot what it was like to have a regular breathing pattern. "Leave or no-nobody gets this bounty."

You point the gun at Levi.

"What happens if your boss-" You take a moment to catch your breath, "-finds out his nephew died?"

Levi is too badly wounded to say anything, he can only helplessly look at you as you make your way towards him.

Everybody seems to have forgotten how to breathe, they gulp down any sort of confidence they initially had. They stand still, incapable of stopping you. The only other henchmen to have had guns threw them to the side. It was stupid of them, but it was all in order to indulge on beating up Levi, someone who they envied because he was the nephew of Kenny Ackerman. Therefore, someone who had power.

"I'll kill him." You say, sternly. "He'll be my first."

Levi's eyes widen at this. He feels the cool metal of the gun as you gently place it on the side of his head. His back is aching, feeling the hardness of the ground beneath him, but he tries to bring a hand towards you. It doesn't work though, his entire body is in pain.

"If Levi dies we die." One of the men say, frantically turning their head towards Nile. He called the shots, everyone expected one right now.

"Fuck, fine." Nile regretfully spat. He wobbles back to his feet, "Watch your back, little girl."

Seconds after, sirens had immediately filled the air, which was everyone's cue to leave. The men were quick to huddle back into their own car and drive off. However, you were still aching and undoubtedly worried for Levi's current state.

It was difficult to get Levi back into his own car.

His weight was overbearing your own and it didn't help that you were still aching from that one kick. Nevertheless, after long minutes of both you and Levi enduring pain, you successfully got him in the passenger seat.