Ello Beastie...

When Maggie came to, the deck of the Black Pearl was trashed and deserted, but still afloat. She wondered if they had beaten the kraken, after all.

Maggie groaned as she stood up on her shakey legs. She suddenly heard the rattling of chains, she turned to see her father chained up to the mast.

"Dad?" She asked, groggily.

Captain Jack's eyes widened in horror at the sight of his daughter.

"Maggie?" He breathed "What... What are you doing here?! You're supposed to be escaping with the crew!"

"I-I got knocked out during the battle with the kraken..." she said, trying to remember. "What happened? Did we kill it?"

"Maggie, listen to me!" Her father told her "You need to jump overboard and swim as fast as you can to the long boat out there! Will and Gibbs and Elizabeth are in it! They'll take care of you!"

"But what about you?" She asked "Why are you chained to the mast?"

"Because Elizabeth..." Jack trailed off "because Elizabeth and Will took the crew to shore and I stayed behind. I couldn't bare to leave the Pearl behind... I thought you were already in the long boat with them."

"What about the kraken?" Maggie asked.

"Maggie! No more questions!" Jack told her "Just go! Swim for the long boat now! Before it's too late!"

The fearful truth then occured to Maggie.

"It's not dead, is it?" She asked.

"Maggie..." Jack said sadly.

"That beast is still coming for you, isn't it?" Maggie asked him.

Captain Jack looked down, sadness written across his face.

"You shouldn't be here..." he told her "Maggie, if I die you can still live on. Please go while you still can. You're my daughter, you shouldn't have to pay for my sins and stupidity."

Captain Jack's words hit Maggie's hard. The fact that he was risking his own neck just to ensure her safety was all the proof that Maggie needed to realize that her father did care about her and he never did stop.

"Daddy, I wish I could leave..." Maggie said, tears welling in her eyes. "But I'm not going to let you die alone. If that thing takes us down it'll have to take us both down. And if we do go down, we will go down fighting together."

With that said Maggie grabbed ahold of a nearby lantern and smashed it against the mast, letting the kerosene oil from inside drip onto her father's manacled wrist.

Jack twisted and pulled his wrist, attempting to slip it out of the iron cuff. Maggie grabbed ahold of the iron and tried to pull it off.

Finally Jack's wrist slid out of the iron cuff. Maggie fell back onto her bottom and looked up at her father. Suddenly Maggie leapt to her feet and her eyes went incredibly wide.

"Good job, Maggie!" Jack told her.

"D-D-Da-Daddy..." Maggie said, horrified.

"What's the matter, Luv?" Jack asked.

"Wha-Whatever you do... Do not turn around..." Maggie told him, shaking.

A look of terrified realization came across Jack's face. His eyes darted to the side...

"Dad! Don't look at it!" Maggie said through a clenched jaw.

Captain Jack slowly turned his head to face the railing of the Black Pearl.

"Dad!" Maggie hissed "Don't look! Don't look! Don't look! Don't--"

Once Jack turned around completely, he came face to face with the large gaping mouth of the kraken. Then it roared right in Captain Jack and Maggie Sparrow's faces. The pirate father-daughter duo got drenched in thick, downright disgusting drool, that reeked like a fish market that hadn't been cleaned out in centuries.

"Oh, Mother of Henry Morgan!" Maggie all but gagged "We're covered in Squid Slobber!"

"It's not so bad..." Jack said.

Maggie shuddered in disgust. "You really have no sense of smell, do you Daddy?"

"Probably not" Jack shrugged. He looked down "Oh, look at that..."

"What is it?" Maggie asked, trying to wipe kraken saliva out of her hair.

"...I found me hat!" Jack said, placing his lost tricorn hat back on his head.

The two Sparrow's then unsheathed their swords.

"Ello Beastie..." Captain Jack said to the kraken.

"...Do your worst" Maggie dared the giant squid "We don't fear death..."

With their final words said, Captain Jack and Maggie Sparrow grasped each other's hand and charged at the kraken.

In the end, Maggie Sparrow knew her father did indeed care about her. Captain Jack Sparrow was a crazy and confusing man, but the one thing he was always sure of was that his daughter would always come first. For now, always and forever...

AN: An Important Message from yours truly has already been uploaded, mates!