X

❝ 𝘊 𝘏 𝘈 𝘗 𝘛 𝘌 𝘙  𝘛 𝘌 𝘕 ❞

❝ 𝘊 𝘏 𝘈 𝘗 𝘛 𝘌 𝘙 𝘛 𝘌 𝘕 ❞

IT WAS ODD FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. The house was strangely quiet. Jin and Ariya we're unusually civil with each other. They hadn't said one mean thing to each other in nearly a week. Not to say they've been nice to each other, not at all. They were just...there.

The were the very definition of neutral.

It was the oddity for everyone involved. Namjoon and Taehyung we're confused by the utter lack of yelling, screaming, and fighting. Ariya and Jin were certainly unsettled by it. No one really knew what was going on within this ceasefire.

Ariya was tasked with dinner duty tonight and together, her and Jin decided to make japchae. Ariya would be the one cooking while Jin took a backseat and simply told her what to do. Normally he hated backseat driving. He preferred to be hands-on, to know what was happening at all times.

But Ariya seemed to be doing mildly well on her own for a novice. She had her hair tied up out of the way, his apron tied around her waist to accentuate the curve of her waist to her hips. There were a few mistakes to be made but that was only expected and necessary for the learning process. Jin had made his fair share of mistakes when learning to cook, even to this day he makes mistakes. As much as he would deny it, no one was perfect, not even him.

"Not too thick," he murmured, approaching Ariya from behind. He slid his arms around her and placed his hand over hers to guide her in the right direction. Looking over her shoulder, her controlled her movements, gliding the knife over the peppers to get just the right thickness.

He was too close. His chest grazed her back for too often and she could feel his warm breath against her neck. His larger body envelopeed hers so that anyone coming into the kitchen would think it was just Jin there. He hid her from the world.

Ariya swallowed, glancing up at him briefly only for Jin to grab her jaw between his fingers and turn her hand back to the chopping board. "Always focus while chopping, you don't want to cut your finger off." His hand held hers around the knife with the other rest on the counter in her other side. She was truly trapped.

"Just like that." He finally let her go and stepped away from her. Suddenly, Ariya felt like she could breathe again. The air finally rushed by into her lungs and she let out a inaudible sigh. She watched momentarily as Jin went to prepare the stove so she could make the glass noodles.

Ariya had been acting weird lately. Whenever Jin got close, she could feel her body heat rise to the point of sweating. She chalked it up to anything other than what it really was. She figured that she was just sick, or that Jin's body heat was making her hotter.

Dinner was good that nice, halfway decent to Jin's particular tastes. He had high expectations, near impossible expectations that many saught to conquer, sauggt to approve. Ariya had quickly come to accept that she wouldn't appease him so in her book, halfway decent was as good as it gets.