Chapter Fifty-Five

Pacing back and forth in the loft for days on end wasn't fun. Due to the fact, none of them was actually allowed to go to Mexico I had been nominated to stay back to throw off everyone's suspicions and trails. I had yet to feel any pain and that was what was concerning me the most. Usually, when Derek was taken there would be pain and agony as he was usually being electrocuted but this time there was nothing. It just felt like I was constantly weak and tired. Like life was being taken away and yet life was most certainly still there.

Due to the fact that pacing back and forth in a cold and empty loft wasn't fun, I settled with annoying Noah in the Sheriff's station. "So, how long should you usually worry when a person goes missing? Like is there a certain time when you think this is it, they're dead. They ain't coming back alive from this?" I asked, and he looked up at me confused.

"Is this about Stiles' camping trip or Derek?"

"Ca-" I cut myself off as I remembered the lie we had all told, "right yes of course. No, that's a camping trip. They're safe. Plus it's Stiles he's... impossible to kill," that was something I'd figured out. He just seemed to be always coming out on top and impossible to do any harm to. "More to the point Derek-"

His scent hit my nose and I pushed myself away from the desk running into the main room to see that it wasn't Derek who had been brought into the station but instead a sixteen-year-old boy. Frowning, I peered around the few rooms trying to find the source of the scent but it was just the boy. Please, do not tell me there is another Hale. Cora was okay, but Peter is really annoying and Derek's grouchy.

"The other deputy thinks I'm an idiot for even asking, but I have a feeling if I take these cuffs off, you're going to be okay... And, I think you'll help us figure out what happened to your family so that we can get you out of here. Am I right?" The small boy nodded, he looked so anxious and terrified and I wanted to know why he smelled like Derek. It wasn't a Hale smell it was a Derek smell.

"The other deputy's the idiot," he said, and Parrish chuckled.

"I can't argue with that..."

"Actually, most deputies here are idiots," I added on, leaning against the door frame. Parrish looked up at me confused and slightly offended and it was only then did I realise what I'd said. "Oh, I didn't mean you. I like you. It's the rest of them I don't like and the ones who I did like all died..." through the sacrifices and the alphas that was, "animal attacks," I grit out offering a smile. "I mean I think you're absolutely lovely and filled with young life and kindness and I'm sure your friends are thankful for your existence...and I'm going to shut up now."

"Always a pleasure, Grace," he countered and I nodded offering a smile.

"Parrish, get over here," Haigh called out and Parrish sighed rolling his eyes as he pushed himself up walking over to him, "I ran this kid's prints eight times. This is all that comes up."

"Derek Hale?" Parrish asked, and both me and Noah - who was walking through - looked up confused.

"Did you say Hale?" Noah asked, and we both stepped behind the computer looking at the picture of the twenty-three-year-old man before looking over to the boy who was staring up at us confused.

"Oh...no," this wasn't good. This was not good at all. "Please tell me this machine sometimes gets some things wrong?" I asked looking over to Noah and his face was strained as if he was trying to figure it out himself.

The doors banged open and we turned around to see Scott and Stiles running into the Sheriff's station and that was when we knew that it was, in fact, Derek Hale in front of us. My boyfriend's been turned into a child... oh my god, no. "I'll handle this," Noah sighed out.