Chapter Nineteen

Picking at the chicken strip which sat on my plate, I glanced up at Stiles who was trying to get the keys to the ice rink from Boyd. Scott and Stiles were going on a double date with Allison and Lydia. I hadn't spoken to Derek since I'd sent him away, I couldn't. None of the anger had left and it was leaving a horrible pain in my head, I didn't even understand the pain. It was more than just a slight ache from an overwhelming emotion but something so horrible that I didn't even know why it was there.

"What's up with you?" Scott asked and I raised my brow looking over to him.

"Nothing."

Stiles soon came back and he slid into the chairs snatching some of the chips from my plate. I couldn't even bring myself to care about it all. "Got 'em. Pick up right after work tonight, and we'll all meet at the rink, cool?" He asked and Scott nodded.

"How much did you spend on that?"

"Fifty," Stiles grit out and I widened my eyes slightly, I didn't realise he had fifty to spend on a date, but I suppose it was going to be special. That was another thing I could never do with Derek, go on a date. It was hard to be seen in public with someone who was supposed to be Beacon Hills criminal. Especially when everyone knew you as the niece of the sheriff.

"Wonderful."

Spotting Stiles and Scott's mouths hanging open, I glanced over to the door to see a blonde teenager walking into the cafeteria with probably $300 worth of makeup on her face and wearing an outfit clad with leather and silk. Whilst I wanted to compliment her on her confidence, it didn't look school appropriate. There was a time and place for certain outfits and her outfit did not fit either.

She reached down grabbing onto one of the boys apples and she bit into it as seductively as possible. Her eyes met Scott's as she slowly raised herself up walking back out of the cafeteria. What was the point in that?

Two hands slammed down onto the table and my body jumped. Looking up, Lydia was stood with spite settled in her eyes, "what... the holy hell...is that?"

"It's Erica," Scott said before he looked to Stiles, "Derek."

"What?" I asked, what did Derek have to do with her? Scott pushed himself to his feet and I quickly followed after him. Running through the halls, we followed after the blonde breaking out of the doors at the end of the school. Erica was climbing into Derek's car and that was when I understood. He'd bit another teenager.

Both me and Scott froze not being able to bring ourselves to move any further. The headache grew and we watched as both Derek and Erica leaned forward in his car a smirk plastered on both their faces. Their eyes remained on Scott not even bothering to acknowledge me and then he drove off.

What was happening?

And then the nausea came back. Throwing one hand over my mouth, I turned away from Scott grabbing onto the banister with my free hand. "Grace?" Scott's voice called, but everything was a siren. Nothing was working to calm myself down. Was this panic or was this illness? Three days in a row... was I supposed to go to the doctor for this? "Grace, are you okay? Do you need help?"

"I'm fine," I assured, but I wasn't fine. Closing my eyes, I took in several deep breaths counting to ten and then finally it cleared away for the most part. "I'm fine," I added on again.

"Close your eyes." The sounds of tires screeching and glass shattering began to echo through my mind and Ignoring Scott who was still speaking blurred words, "Close your eyes." Pushing myself away from him I charged back into the school and into the bathroom. Pushing myself into one of the stalls I pressed my back against the door trying to calm the storm of emotions which was whirling around. Reaching into my pocket, I grabbed onto the bottle of pills tipping a couple out.