Cold

Using bits from the oneshots.

Inuyasha paced as he reprimanded himself for going ballistic. Why did he in the first place?! "I have to go after her."

The high schooler held her hands in the other and shook her head, "when I was in her body I experienced how each of you treated her. We all made her feel like an outcast even when we welcomed her with open arms I mean she already came from an abusive home. We made her feel worse. Inuyasha you are making (Y/n) uncomfortable and just now...I don't think she's going to want to come back."

He gritted his teeth, "I know I did but...I can't let her go not like this! I have to fix it!"

Kagome could tell he was about to go find you but she blocked the doorway. "No Inuyasha you've done enough damage. Leave her alone, let her be."

"Sorry but I can't do that Kagome." He pushed her aside and sped off to find  you. In his heart he hoped you weren't too far away as your scent wasn't exactly clear.

<>

The breeze became more fierce and you rubbed your arms trying to get warmer. Winter came around fairly quickly as small snowflakes began to fall and your breath crystallized. The grass under your feet crunched only slightly as the snow covered the land in white.

You hoped you could find a new place to live and forget the friends you'd made in that group. Even if the rock had made the bond between you and Kagome stronger but it'd also made things between you and Inuyasha awkward.

Especially earlier, you were scared he would hurt you. You'd never seen him act like that so why did he? Surely that had never happened with Kagome or Kikyo.

You shook your head trying to clear any thoughts of the dog demon. You spotted a river and ran over to it, kneeling down and cupping your hands in the slow running water to splash your face.

Just then you could hear thumping on snow and you didn't need enhanced hearing to know the distance and where it came from as the snow was failing heavier.

Hed be able to track your scent since he was closer but you didn't want him near you, afraid he'd go mental again. So you jumped into the river and went under holding your breath as long as you could.

The sound of your name travelled even through the water but very blurred. "(Y/n)!"

"(Y/n) Where are you?!"

He sighed as tears threatened to fall he blinked them away. This was no time to cry and snowstorm was brewing and you could be out there in danger.

Still cloaked by the now freezing water, air started to get restricted the longer you stayed submerged. You certainly had no intention of dying so you had no choice. Coming up for oxygen as you made a loud gasp and the splash of water drew his attention.

The relief in his pupils was evident as he came full speed at you. "S-stop right there Inuyasha!"

He halted at your scared form, but the trembling wasn't from fear but from the weather and being in alarming temperature water.

"L-leave m-m-me be!"

"(Y/n) you're shivering and there's a storm coming, we need to find shelter."

"I-I'm f-f-find...on...my..own..." the world seemed to spin as a dizzy spell struck you. You fell to the snow ridden ground but hadn't completely passed out. "C-crap no I won't be carried by him!"

"(Y/n)!"

He rushed to your side and helped you up but you slapped his hand away when you could stand. Barely.

"I neither want or need y-your h-help half breed!" Inuyasha was hurt by your comment but he knew it was to keep him at bay. He held you from behind and you couldn't help but sag into his warm embrace. He felt so nice agaisnt the blistering wind.

"You're going to catch a cold like this, possibly a fever. Let us find shelter, please."

"..mmm..."

"Is that a yes?"

Words wouldn't form, being dizzy and feeling the nice heat radiating from his body was heaven. But you were still cold, your conscience was slipping but with the last shred before you passed out you said. "Fine....but.. leave when....ok."

You blacked out in his arms making him lift you and carry you. Which if you were awake he knew you would protest to. A part of him was happy, maybe this snowstorm would help the two of you work this complicated relationship out.

But niether of you knew of the demon causing you to slowly die from the inside. Inuyasha could feel you getting colder and blue with each second.

Should a cold do this?

<>

You awoke feeling like you were encased in an iceberg but there was little warmth being provided. You were wrapped in Inuyasha's red long sleeve top. It held his scent in the fabric, it was a great comfort as you snuggled into it.

"Sooo I take it you like the smell of my clothes?"
You got startled by his voice and threw the top away, the shivering increasing. Inuyasha rushed over and put it around you again. Pushing you back down on an old bit of bedding he'd found.

"Stay warm, your teeth are chattering and you're shivering. I do have a small fire going but your skin is taking on a blue hue." He pressed his palm against your cheek, his skin was like a flame against the icy cold of yours.

You lightly touched the top of his knuckles just a brush of his heat sent you shivering more. He intertwined his fingers with yours, "(Y/n) I'm only offering this to help but...can I lay with you to keep you warm? You are freezing."

Your stubbornness had seeped away thoroughly, giving a brief nod he slipped beside you. Enveloping you in his strong arms, broad chest touching your back.

You let go a tiny whimper of gratitude mixed with relief. The shivering ceased just a bit. "See much better right?"

You nodded

Inuyasha bit his lip but spoke his thoughts, "I know you aren't really capable of talking right now but you can listen. My love for you isn't a game or a joke, I have no harem. It's just a situation I wish you hadn't been involved in. Not because it's hard on me but...you. I want you to be free of pain."

Your heart raced as a tint of pink dusted across your nose. "I don't think it's true that we won't work. Kagome and me...will never be just like me and Kikyo, whatever feelings resided for them have faded now."

Your pupils widened, "I guess what I'm trying to say (Y/n) is...my heart is beginning to only beat for you."

"R...eall..y?" He just made out your words. "Yeah, why do you think I've been so infuriatingly persistent? All I've ever spoken is the honest truth."

He cuddled you closer, "you matter the most to me."

"I-Inu....yasha..."

His ears turned about, straining to listen to your voice. "Hm?"

"Mmm....my..hurts."

"What hurts?"

"My c-chest."

He moved you so you faced him and his features went from content to worried. You were now a shade of blue that resembled frozen over water.

"(Y/n)!"

Your (e/c) eyes were now blue too, he tried to create friction by rubbing your forearms but it wasn't working.

The door to the abandoned hut burst open and let the howling wind in. "Shit!" He tried to close it but the wind was too strong. The fire was doused by the weirdly powerful breeze. You began to shiver like crazy, reassembling a seizure.

He cradled you in his arms, "(Y/n) oh gods what's happening to you?!"