9. Misery Business

Start from the beginning

"Why, just talk to me. I know something's bothering you Jaime." I say not giving up.

He tosses the cooking spoon to the side and turns to face me.

"Why won't you just leave it alone? Why do you have to get into things that you shouldn't?" He spits out.

"Well maybe because I'm curious as to what got my boyfriend so bitter."

"Boyfriend? Which one, me or Sean?" He looks me dead in the eye.

"What the hell are you talking about Jaime, of course you!" I raise my voice a little louder.

"Did you really ever break up with him or did you just leave?" He questions.

"Excuse me? You know what happened."

"No I don't think I do anymore, maybe you'd like to explain." He crosses his arms over his chest and leans against the counter.

"He abused me emotionally and physically so forgive me for not thinking I had to give him a formal break up line."

"Plus why are you turning this on me? This is about you!" I continue using big hand gestures.

"Maybe when I was looking through my things it actually hurt letting go of a long relationship, that's not an easy thing to do Arianna." He says back at me.

He might as well have thrown knives at my chest like darts to a dart board. Because that's definitely what it felt like.

"Well I'm sorry I ruined a good relationship, by all means you can have her. I'm out." I say going to the door and grabbing my jacket and slipping on my vans.

"Wait Arianna I didn't-" I cut him off by slamming the door and running to the nearest place I could think of, the beach.

I stood at the shore, my feet digging into the warm sand and the cool air blowing through my hair making it whip back and forth.

I tried my best to forget what he said, but again it dug a hole into my heart knowing he did feel the same as those fans that comment on our pictures, that I potentially ruined something that was established a very long time ago.

I sit down on the sand and bring my knees to my chest and lean my chin on the top of my leg.

I hear a car door shut and immediately know who it is, but yet keep my gaze on the water in front of me.

He comes and sits next to me, tucking his left leg under his right that's propped up to let him lean on it.

"It's cold out here; you're going to get sick." He says softly.

"I'll be fine." I reply shortly.

"I'm sorry Ari; I didn't mean to say what I said." I turn to face him,

"But you did Hime, and what you said really hurt."

"I know, and it was out of line. To be totally honest, it hurt letting go. But to be even more honest, it felt great doing it. Because it meant letting it go for something that's worth more than that relationship ever was. You're worth more than that." I don't say a word just keep my gaze towards him.

"I didn't mean to jump on you about Sean, because you're right he didn't deserve a proper break up, leaving was enough. And I don't know why I was caught up in that; I guess I'm just so scared of any little thing that can keep us apart."

"Jaime, no one is keeping us apart, but not telling each other our feelings, that's what will keep us apart. I didn't mean to get in your personal things; I was just curious and nosey."