Chapter 8 - Love.

After the eldest and paranoid Seville brother checked to see that they were back in their initial timeline and they were okay, he silently paraded and congratulated himself. They had travelled through time successfully.

Life was back to normal, or close as you could call 'normal'.

The red-clad had celebrated too, and as the days passed, discreetly decided the fragments of his plan. However, his carefully thought of strategy was somewhat saved and ruined by some news brought by none other than the chipettes:

"Hey, guys," Jeanette had called, and she was lugging a purple suitcase laced with lilac and white hearts. "The treehouse- termites again. Can- can we stay here for a few days? Please?"

Brittany had thought of appealing to Dave if they declined, but Jeanette had thought it unfair if they boys didn't consent.

But Alvin was the first to immediately reply, and that was an answer of 'Sure! Come on in!', figuring out this would help with his plan. Although he did resent the idea too; his plan was smart and cunning and was getting stomped on by a better opportunity. Alvin was stubborn.

The others were surprised by this unexpected reaction - usually Alvin put up a weak fight before gradually agreeing. But they decided to let it slip. Most of them did, anyway.

* * *

It was a rainy evening, each individual off doing their own thing in the Seville residence. An ideal setting for the plan. Not perfect, but Alvin was tired of waiting.

"Ugh, what now?" was Brittany's deflating response when he called his eldest brother and his love interest over. It downhearted him a bit, but he wasn't going to give up over three words.

Alvin picked up last years addition of the magazine, which held the blank test. He'd spent ages going around to the people from his school who he knew had a younger sister - it was quite a flashy, girly magazine 9 year olds would enjoy - and finally got one off Camille, handing her 5 dollars for her suffering of digging through her 'bratty' sister's room. However many dog-eared corners, scruffs, and ripped out pages with 'Fail-Proof Advice for Love!', the old, musty magazine held the test he needed. The pages he was desperate for.

"Here, Simon, remember this test? Take it."

Simon's look of defiance and incredulity was almost enough to make him back off, but he held his ground. "Please, please- I'll- I'll let you..have longer on the video game system? Choose the next movie or vacation? Video me dancing the Talking Teddy signature dance and send it to the chipettes? S-"

"Whoa, Alvin Seville offering his dignity for a 'phony' test? No way. But fine, I'll do it if you're so desperate. But I want either the video game offer or the movie offer."

"Fine- do it. Now!"

"And what will I do? You called me here." swiftly interrupted Brittany.

"Just- just wait. Please, Britt, I'll owe you." Alvin begged.

The lemon-blonde raised a skeptical eyebrow. "Owe me what?"

"Oh- well- uh- I dunno! We'll see after."

"..fine." Brittany could not resist Alvin's pleading gaze. Oh, and the 'I Owe You' promise should haul up interesting results.

And those agreements were relief for Alvin; his proof was on its way.

* * *

After a hefty hour of silence and scribbles, the test had been completed.

"Ooh, lemme read these results." said Alvin mockingly, snatching the test out of Simon's hand. and calculating the answers.