Chapter 2 - In The Past?!

The light eventually faded and soon the two chipmunks regained vision. They were.. Lying in bed?

Simon was holding his head in his hands and looked like he was experiencing mild pain. His blue-rimmed glasses lay abandoned on his bedside table. All he could see were lines of different shaded blues, whites, and greys. The wall was a splatter of dull red, and his billboard above him showed a yellow (ish) and black picture.

"Simon, are you okay?" Alvin asked, heading over to his older brother's bed and gingerly plopping himself down on the edge. He did it with such an energy that Simon half expected him to pull out a bag of crisps.

He opened one eye to look at a blurry red blob with specks of purple and white advancing towards him. He inferred this blob was Alvin in his pajamas.

"It feels like my head is going to burst..And I felt the exact same a few days ago-"

"Hold on- you felt the exact same a few days ago?" Alvin interjected rashly. "The time machine works!! It must've sent us back in time!! Awesome!"

"No, no, NOT awesome. And don't jump to conclusions! It wasn't supposed to be a time machine!" proclaimed a stressed Simon, knowing Alvin's ways of causing immense trouble and chaos.

"Ha ha, very funny, Simon, it looked EXACTLY like a real time machine and worked like a real time machine; you know it."

"I made it look like a time machine so I could trick you." confessed Simon grudgingly, though the look on Alvin's face was almost worth the confession - not that he could see it.  "It was instead supposed to use magnets so I could get my utility kit back from you."

Alvin paused to mentally digest this. When he eventually did, he rounded on Simon.

"The utility kit? Seriously?? Simon, listen very closely. Read my lips if you have to- oh, you're not wearing your glasses. Here."

Simon felt his glasses being shoved carelessly onto his face. He adjusted them carefully, feeling slightly bemused.

"Now you can read them. I. DON'T. HAVE. YOUR. STUPID. UTILITY. KIT!!"

"W-whats all the noise?"

Theodore stared at his brothers, his eyes half open.

"Oh that? I was just solving a dispute with Alvin." Simon rushed to explain, before Alvin could blab anything.

"By yelling?"

Simon just casted a glare at Alvin, which explained pretty much everything to Theodore.

"Well, what's it about? I'm not tired; I can help." asked Theodore. Alvin and Simon exchanged anxious looks, until Theodore almost immediately rolled over and buried himself under the covers and entered his dream world of candy floss, chocolate, muffins, doughnuts and much more sugary delights.

"So much for not feeling tired." Alvin remarked. "So, did we go back in time or not?"

"I'll check the date on my phone.. "

Simon picked up his phone and switched it on.

'Saturday - 12:27am
January 2nd 2021.
2°C Cloudy'

The date it was for them was before the time travel was January 9th, which could only mean one thing..

"Am I dreaming?!" exclaimed Simon.

Alvin pinched him mischievously.

"You seem wide awake."

'Alvin, this isn't time for your games! If we change anything, absolutely ANYTHING, if could change our whole future!"