Part 7-Gone

The next day Hugh had gone to the local flower shop and bought a bouquet of flowers with a card. Ztina didn't had to feel frightened of him, especially since he defended and protected her from her former colleagues who he'd fired. 

He headed to his office and notice that she wasn't at her desk. 

Maybe she's coming later, he thought.

Hugh walked into his office and answered some of the phone calls he had scheduled to make.

By nine thirty, he went to the restroom and saw that Ztina still hadn't come.

After finishing in the restroom he went back into his office. He started to think maybe she wanted a day off or had some emergency, but something told him that wasn't either.

Hugh had done some video conference meetings and took a ten minute break. By eleven o'clock he was further convinced that she wasn't coming in at all.

He went into his E-Mail and decided send her a message. To his surprise, she had apparently sent him one. When he opened it, he froze the moment he read it.

Dear Hugh,

I'm E-mailing you to inform you that I no longer wish to work at the company anymore. It has been a pleasure working with you nevertheless.

Sincerely Ztina.

Hugh knew right away that this meant only one thing: she WAS in love with him. He knew that the feeling was mutual. 

Hugh slammed down his fist and grunted. He wasn't going to let the girl he longed for slip out of his hands. Why couldn't he had come on more gently?

He knew that he had to find her, even if it meant traveling to the end of the Earth. Hugh sent a general E-Mail to his staff informing them that he was taking some time off and would return until further notice.

At Ztina home...

She cried and tried not to look at the items Hugh had given her. A part of her wanted to give them away but another part said otherwise.

Ztina didn't know what to think. Yes, she had fallen for him but she was his employee. Paid by him, not his lover. 

She heard her phone ring, when she saw that the number was unfamiliar she didn't answer it. Whoever was trying to call her was leaving a message. 

Hello Ztina, you know who this is.

I want to apologize for last night. I never meant to frighten you.

All I wanted was for that night to be about us. About our working relationship evolving into something more.

I know that you feel the same way I do.

Listen, I'm going to leave an address so we can meet up tomorrow evening. 

He gave the details and repeated it twice.

Anyways, you have blessed dreams tonight my dear.

Ztina walked over to the answering machine and replayed the messaged. Tears slowly started to pour as she listened to every word.