Part 2-Hot and Bothered

After Ztina' first day she got the hang of the work routine of being Hugh's assistant. E-Mails, webchats, and phone calls came in on time and sometimes in advance. Plus many fundraisers were helped along the way. One day after spending three weeks on the job, Hugh decided to surprise her with a present.  When he saw Ztina coming from the elevator he rushed to his office. Hugh slightly opened his office door and peeked out. 

"Oh my, who left me this gift?" Ztina asked herself.

She opened the gift book and saw it was a red dress with a pair of black lace ballerina flat shoes. Ztina smiled and carefully placed them back into the box. Hugh had a big smile on his face as well. He just knew she would like them. 

Hugh watched as she went into the ladies room. 

Wearing seam stockings and and a one shoulder black dress.  This girl knew how to dress her part and she always looked good doing it.

He was married but there was something he didn't shared with anyone. He was UNHAPPILY married. His wife was unfortunately not the person he thought she was. 

Hugh had thought he found a kindred spirit, however he found someone who was karmic. 

He decided to turn on the radio in his office to listen to some music. He adjusted the dial to the FM radio station that was the most popular. 

When he turned up the volume the next song that played was by the Pop boy band the Backstreet Boys: 

Ztina had walked in carrying her file folder of printouts. She recognizing the tune immediately.

"I love that song." She said smiling.

"You do?"

"Yes, it's my favorite from the Backstreet Boys."

Hugh smiled and caressed her hand.

"I'm sure your boyfriend or husband plays it for you."

Ztina was surprised and caught off guard by that comment.

"Mr. Larkin, I am single."

A smirk drew on his lips.

"I thought you might have been."

"Why would you think that?" She asked.

"Well, you seemed so focused on you work since your first day and onward. You actually would stay behind and didn't mind doing extra phone calls. Naturally I figured you were single." 

"I take work pretty seriously." She informed him.

"I had a feeling."

Unexpectedly he took her hand and gave it a kiss. 

"Would you like to have lunch me me?"

"Sir..."

She hadn't expected this whatsoever.

"I insist. After all, you deserve to have a break after being here for three weeks."

She smiled.

"Very well than sir." 

"Perfect. Just wait at your desk at Noon."

At Noon...

Hugh came out of his office wearing a grey v-neck T-shirt and a pair of dark jeans. Ztina was shocked seeing his drastic change of attire. 

"Mr. Larkin? You aren't wearing your formal wear of clothes."

"I usually keep a pair in casual ones in case I want to finish work early. Which I plan on doing today."

Ztina was surprised.

"Does that mean I can leave after our lunch?"

"Precisely."

"Thank you sir!" She exclaimed in sensation.

Ztina wrapped her arms around Hugh and quickly unwrapped them.

Hugh chuckled they walked to the elevator together.

They went to the restaurant across the street which served salmon sushi and noodles. 

"I actually am fond of Chinese food. I actually know some words of the language as well."

"How ironic Ztina, I too am fond of their cuisine and have been practicing my Mandarin for almost a decade."

Ztina felt Hugh caress her back and a sudden intensity came over her, like that of a vibration.

They walked into the restaurant and were seated at a booth. 

"They have interesting food here." She remarked.

"I wish today was Chinese New Year's. We could be eating a large meal and seeing festive events."

"Yes, their New Year's is worth experiencing." 

"I was born the year of the horse."

Ztina gasped and almost dropped her menu.

"Is something wrong?"

"Mr. Larkin, you are the first person I've encountered who shared the same Chinese New Year animal as myself."

"I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had a feeling that we shared things in common."

He gave her a reckless smile and rubbed her hand. She felt another vibration sensation and it bothered her.

Ztina quickly tried divert.

"I had received an un-expecting gift today."

"Was it along the lines of seductive and garments?"

"Yes! How did you know?"

"Well, its one of the common gifts to give a femme." 

He than arched his eyebrows.

"Namely one as hardworking and helpful such as yourself." He added.

A third vibration had arose within Ztina. Whatever was making her act this was it was odd and inexplicable. 

The waitress had arrived and gave her their menus and awaited their orders.

Ztina showed him her gift box and he smiled. A fourth vibration happened and it was scaring her. 

"I hope one day I get to see you wear them."

She was shocked.

"At a Christmas party." He clarified.

Ztina smiled and placed the box back into her bag.

Their food had arrived exactly at that moment.

"Bon appetite." Hugh said smiling seductively.

She manage to smile back and felt another vibration.

What was making feel all bothered and have strange bodily reactions?