Thirteen

Esme

I awoke to strong fingers gently pushing my curls out of my face. I hummed and buried my face further into Augustus's shoulder.

"'M gonna take you out for breakfast, pretty girl."

I scrunched my nose at his voice further waking me up. My eyes opened slowly and I met Auggie's dark eyes.

"Now?" I croaked confusedly. He smirked as I turned on my side so he'd spoon me.

I pushed myself flush and he groaned quietly. His strong arms came up and under me, pulling me impossibly closer.

"No not now Esme. It's nine, we go to breakfast later and I have a later practice I ended up in charge of."

I smiled at the annoyance in his voice. He began drawing patterns on my upper thigh.

"Can we talk before we go eat, please?"

Augustus nodded against my hair. He flopped over onto his back and I glanced over my shoulder to see him rubbing his face roughly.

I swiftly turned and straddled his abdomen. I trailed my finger over the ridges of his muscles.

I brushed his hair out of his face. "You don't have to go into a bunch of detail, Auggie. You just have to tell me what's a sensitive subject. I don't want you leaving so angry again. I worry."

He nodded quietly. "It's not that I don't want to tell you. I trust you- with everything."

His hands ran up my legs once again, finding my lack of underwear and tugging me closer by my butt.

I narrowed my eyes in unamusement as he squeezed my cheeks tight before letting go and repeating.

"My parents kicked Lauren out when she was pregnant with Kace. My dad he, uh, he hit her. She had fell down the steps and almost lost him. Laur was kicked out- not that she would've gone back. I hadn't spoken to them after but I stayed so I could save money and send it to her."

I felt sick at the thought of never meeting Kace, or even at the thought of loosing my own child one day.

My face fell in understanding and I rubbed his shoulders gently.

"They found out about the money," he sighed. "They said cut all ties or get out. I got out. I stay with Lauren now, we both pay rent."

"Augustus," I muttered after he stopped talking. I leaned down and kissed his cheek. I kissed his other cheek before moving to his brow, then his chin. Finally, I kissed his lips. He sighed in content, holding my cheek.

"Why didn't you want to tell me?" I whispered against him.

"The situation just pisses me off. And how could I bother you about my parents when your own stuck you in a house and called it quits- abandoning you."

My eyes watered, "I don't want you to feel like you can't tell me things." My morning voice cracked.

Augustus immediately sat up as I wiped at the tears.

"Please don't cry, Esme."

"I'm sorry I'm just tired and I'm so upset for Lauren and Kace and you."

"It's okay baby," he wiped my own tears.

"You have to tell me things too," I poked his chest repeatedly.

"We're in a relationship Auggie, you can't just protect me from everything. I know you want to but at the very least let me take care of you too."

Auggie kissed me slowly, his lips massaging mine gently. I pulled away to look into his eyes sternly. He nodded quickly.

His hand gripped both of my cheeks in one hand, squeezing them to purse my lips.

"Look at my girl, acting all big and tough."

"Someone's gotta watch out for you," I plopped my forehead against him.

He suddenly rolled me onto my back, pinning my hands down.

"Mm and Daddy's gonna take care of you, princess," his chest rumbled.

My body went hot and I squirmed under him. His hand fisted my hair and tugged it back to get access to my neck.

"You're so good to me Esme," he kissed down my neck. His hand grasped my hip and ran his thumb over my skin. He sucked on the base of my neck.

Suddenly my stomach grumbled and Auggie paused.

He pulled my shirt up and I squealed as I was bare and he kissed my stomach.

"Let's get dressed for breakfast."

Once I was clad in leggings and a sweater, Augustus dressed in a hoodies and jeans before tugging my hand towards his car.

We saw Ed outside and before he could even wave Augustus was flipping him off. I stifled my giggle as Auggie opened my doors for me.

He purposely slapped my butt before shutting the door once I was situated.

"Where are we going?" I hummed as I toyed with the radio before settling on Lady Gaga.

I gripped his hand and brought it to my lap.

"Diner by my sisters," he rasped. My eyes widened and I smiled. I turned to completely to face him.

"Can we visit the two of them, please?"

Auggie side eyed me and smirked, he nodded once.

"I've missed Kace," I sighed. "Maybe we can both sit for your practice?"

"That sounds good, baby." He lifted my knuckles to his lips and kissed them lightly.