Onome returned with my novel in her hands but instead of reading,we found ourselves deviating into different topics but in summary,the current happenings in our school.

                              ***
        "Oya you guys,let's be going" Jade appealed to us,seeing the prayer was now over and the students had started making their way out of the chapel.

       "Okay" Onome replied absent mindedly,paying accord only to the book in her hand. "Let me go and carry my bag" I added,rushing out ahead of them so I could get my bag before they could come out.

         I headed for the pew I was seated on before I left for the sacristy only for disappointment as well as worry settle within me when I realised my school bag was nowhere to be found on the seat.

        "Kainene let's go na" Jade called as she and Onome walked by the chapel corridor. "I cant find my bag" Distress interlaced itself into my complaint as I continued to look for the bag. 

          "Where did you leave?" Onome asked as they came to stand beside me. "But it was here when I came to take the novel o,and Anita was here too" Onome opined.

           "Oya let's check around,Anita might have carried it for you to ref" Jade suggested as we began to check the other seats. When our efforts continued to prove vain,we reluctantly headed for the refectory.

         "Is there anything very important inside?" Jade asked lowly as we threaded through the main doors of the refectory,which apparently was only used by we SS3 students.

         "Not really,its just the bag I'm worried about." I sighed. "Ah,its true that bag is new" Onome expanciated,making me sulk even more. My mother's senior brother,my only uncle had sent me that bag from Tokyo,hence my great love for it.

         "SS2 students,are you mad?!" I heard a familiar voice roar from the aisle which separated the SS2 column from the SS1 column in the refectory. Heads dropped down on the table almost instantly as Daryl leaned on a nearby SS1 table,his gaze travelling widly across the column to make sure nobody was ignoring or daring to disobey his mere prescence.

         "Let me get any idiot making noise in my refectory first" he threatened,attempting to leave the aisle but stopping for a minute,turning and laying a knock on the head of the boy who sat at the edge of the seat. "As I'm just here so ehn,big fool" he hissed at him.

         "Isnt that your bag Kainene?" Onome asked as we walked to our own seats. "What's Daryl doing with your bag?" Jade question rather confusedly as we watched him stride back to the refectorian table(the table for refectory prefects).

         "I'm so lost" I scoffed,relief washing through me in the very least that I'd found it as I stared at Daryl. "You people should go" I urged them before making my way towards where Daryl sat.

         "Daryl,why are you with my bag?" I fired as soon as I got to him,making him flinch before giving off a smile. "I carried it for you from..." I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

          "I dont understand,did I beg?" I queried again. "Jesus,this girl,you're always so vexed" he teased with a smile making my eyebrows furrow even more. "I'm glad one of us is finding this funny,give me my bag Daryl" I commanded.

          "Calm down first Kainene,then I'll give you" he smiled. "Daryl,what's all this one na?!" I exclaimed making Oghale who sat at the other end of the refectory table look our way. I figured the rest of the refectorians were yet to get to the refectory as they were probably conducting students outside.