2- The Quidditch World Cup

02

02

Hermione came down from her shower to a very cranky Weasley family sitting around the table, along with Harry and their guests. The Weasleys had taken every seat at the table besides the one that was next to Cedric, but it was very evident that Ron was longing to sit next to the coolest boy from Hogwarts from the way he was staring at the empty chair. Amos and Mr. Weasley were having a conversation about the Hogwarts house-league quidditch, which they had somehow dragged a tired-looking Harry into.

"-Well, of course Harry understands. He would've said the same thing, wouldn't you Harry! Two boys are on a broom and one falls off and the other doesn't, you tell me who's the better flyer!" Hermione heard him say as she sat down in the chair next to Cedric. He grumbled and murmured to himself as his father bragged about his son's 'excellent quidditch skills.' "I hate when he talks about me like this. I've told him a million times that those were unfair circumstances," Cedric whispered to Hermione.

Hermione turned her head and looked into Cedric's eyes. She forced herself not to start blushing as she let out a small squeak in response. She quickly looked away and started to shovel down her porridge. She had a long day ahead of her and she needed all the energy she could get.

"So boys and girls, are you ready to go?" Mr. Weasley stood up as the children were scraping up the last spoonfuls of porridge from the bowls. Hermione, Harry, and Cedric rested their bowls and spoons down in the sink as the rest of the family and guests all cheered and marched out the door, leaving a heap of dishes on the table for Mrs. Weasley to clean up.

The Weasleys and co. wandered on for what seemed like hours. Hermione and Ginny walked at the back of the crowd, whispering among themselves. Every once in a while, Hermione would catch the eye of Cedric, who would occasionally look behind him, and flushed.The group stopped marching once they reached the crest of a large hill. The group gathered around an old dirty boot, and Hermione saw that Harry's eyebrows were furrowed with confusion, similar to her own.

"Err... What exactly does a manky old boot have to do with the Quidditch World Cup?" Harry asked.

The adults and Cedric stared at Harry, confused, momentarily forgetting that he grew up in the muggle world. "This is a portkey, it'll take us to where the World Cup will be held," replied Cedric.

Amos chuckled. "Imagine that. My son knows more about the wizarding world than the boy who saved it," to which Cedric groaned.

"Dad, it's not his fault he doesn't know what a Portkey is, he's lived with muggles all his life!"

"All right, it's a minute off, better get ready," announced Mr. Weasley as he stared at his watch. "You just need to touch the portkey, that's all, a finger will do," he told Harry and Hermione as the rest of the Wizards bent down to touch the boot. Their large backpacks made it difficult to find a space that allowed them to access a grip on the boot, but Hermione and Harry finally managed, nearly on top of one another, as Mr. Weasley started to count down.