Be My Valentines! (Melizabeth)

" I Love You."

Is that so hard to say.

If for centuries, you could not understand what it's like to actually "love" someone; wouldn't you want them to know? What's stopping you from telling them?

The answers are obvious.

Rejection.

That one word says so much, yet so little at the same time. It's only natural to be afraid to lose something; especially when you've only just obtained it.

I "love" her but can't tell her. I'm the second most feared demon to exist in this current time; yet crumble when she gives me that smile.

That vexing smile will be the death of me!

Was it worth the heartache, or hearts in his case? Of course. Would the constant pain of knowing she'd never see him the same go away? No. Would he deal with it? Yes.

Even with his title, she was beyond out of his league. She was kind, graceful, gorgeous, delicate; simply holding her too tight seemed like it'd break her. And yet, she was independent, strong, fierce, and even a bit sly. She was perfect in almost every way- scratch that she was perfect- and he oh-so wanted to tell her that.

And he would if every time he approached her his mind didn't fly out the window, his stomach didn't do backflips, and his hearts didn't pick up speed at an alarming rate. If he hadn't known any better, he would've assumed he was having mini heart attacks.

Though he never showed any signs of his inner struggle- remaining emotionless as usual- it was starting to get to him; and so, he planned to tell her. Tomorrow. Tomorrow for sure.

Which led him to the problem of today.

He'd somehow managed to overlook that tomorrow.....is Valentine's Day.

—————————————————————-

After a few hours of avoiding the ever-persistent women of his class, trying to focus on the reason Valentine's Day came to be, and the continued worries of a 142-year-old. They were finally migrated to the Gym, where he and the rest of his peers would spend the rest of the day together.

The task ended up being easier said than done.

My first attempt at spewing the depths of my icy heart ended in roses, another male, and an extremely powerful demon having a mental breakdown; hidden from the world with a carefully crafted poker face.

Another had come to confess his love for the perfect woman - a bouquet of roses in hand - just as he had come to talk to her. To which he froze in place watching the confrontation. Thankfully, she humbly- being nice as always- turned down the offender.

Now was his chance.

She had turned to talk to him but cut herself off at his unreadable expression, as she had always been able to guess his emotions with pin-point accuracy; that is unless he really, really didn't want anyone- technically only her as she is the only one that can read him- to know.

" Is something wrong? Are you ok?" worry oozed from her voice; something he highly appreciated as she was the only one to genuinely care for his wellbeing.

He couldn't do this. This was something he just didn't have the courage to do. He's fought near death battles, struggled through the hardest of terrain, HELL HE'S EVEN STEPPED UP TO HIS FATHER A FEW TIMES! But talking to the girl he liked was mission impossible.

"N-no! I'm fine....it's just-," his voice broke off as his eyes seemed to look anywhere to avoid her own piercing stare. No. He could do this. He WOULD do this!

Taking a deep, long breath he met her eyes once more, "I was wondering if you'd...be my Valentines?" By the end of his sentence his words became meek and quiet; at some point he had once again looked away from her.

Only silence followed.

Ah..if he was going to be rejected, he at least wanted to look her in the eyes while she did so. But the disgusted, pitying expression he'd expected was not there. Instead, he was met with a bright red silveret- her wings and eyes now revealed- with an agape mouth, in which she was trying to stutter something out.

Clearing her throat once- still flushed- she looked at him with a small but happy smile.

"I thought you'd never ask!"