Good Enough

A/N: Our first TTP chapter since the confirmation! Honestly, I'm still reeling from all the feels. As always, please remember that this is a work of fiction. It will get hot and steamy in here as always, so approach with caution and enjoy the chapter.

——————————————————————

Sitting at the window seat, knees pulled up to her chest, Yejin watched the snow dance from the dove gray skies above

Her face, free of traces of artificial painted beauty and bathed in morning glow, was a homely and mesmerizing sight to behold.

A steaming mug of hot chocolate was extended in her direction, one which she gratefully took from Hyun Bin with a smile.

Taking a cautious sip, the upturn of her froth-stained lips grew in contentment. "Thank you, I needed this."

"Hot chocolate isn't the answer to every problem, but it does fix a good number of them." He mirrored her smile, languidly taking in her beauty as she found joy in the little things in life.

A manicured hand patted the space by her side, and Hyun Bin took it as his cue to join her on the window seat.

Silence, more eloquent than words, reigned between them.

Quietly, the professor kept his eyes on the falling snow, listening to Yejin's wordless internal struggles, her quiet sips of hot chocolate and the silent pauses in between.

She seemed heartbreakingly used to silence; in a way that told him solitude was her main companion.

Sitting together with her by the window, he didn't know how much time had slipped by; it could have been a minute, or perhaps an eternity.

Since the conversation last night, the professor had to admit, he was aching with curiosity to know her story, though he also knew better than to rush her for it.

The ceramic mug was softly placed down in the space between them.

"A few years back, I was almost married." She started softly, her eyes pinned on nowhere in particular in the distant scenery from the window.

Truth be told, Hyun Bin was less prepared for this conversation that he thought he was, but nonetheless grateful.

Silently, he nodded once, casting a glance at her mesmerizing side profile.

"More specifically, I was left at the altar. Sort of. It wasn't as dramatic as that, but I had been on my way to the church with my family and friends, makeup artist and photographer that morning when he called..."

Hyun Bin would be lying if he said he hadn't expected relationship setbacks to be the cause of Yejin's aversion to love.

But to know it was an incident of this magnitude— that was shocking, to say the least.