raihan x fem! reader - the yule ball

art: narusan13 (twitter)

warnings: minor angst! very minor :)

--

hello! i'm back with a longer fic! this one is a hogwarts au because i really loved the books growing up, and thought it would be fun to put swsh into the universe! i really love raihan and he's suuuuuper hot so why not ;)

a massive thank you to my friend sienna for the idea and helping me when i was writing this! i wouldn't have done it without you! she doesn't have a wattpad yet but i've been bullying her to get one, haha xD

anyway, enjoy! let me know what you guys think! also i didn't get to edit this because i was too excited to put it out so i'll edit soon! :D

--

the closer it gets to christmas, the more the entirety of hogwarts seems to fixate on exactly two topics:

1. the yule ball;

and,

2. who they're going to take to the yule ball.

people seem to be treating getting a date to the yule ball like it's life or death. if you don't get a date, you'll be single for the rest of your life, or something.

not like you care.

dressing up, having a fancy dinner, it's all well and good, but it's not exactly your cup of tea. you'd rather accio some food to your dormitory and catch up on homework, or play wizard chess with some first years, or do literally anything else, really. your friends call you a buzzkill, but it's not your fault you don't like this stuff, okay?

every girl in fourth year and above have been opening packages containing their dresses for weeks now, showing them off and getting into minor scraps when they see someone else recieving the same dress as them. more than once, you've been asked about where your dress is, and when you're getting it.

you just smile and tell them you're not going, so why bother getting a dress?

well, the truth is, you've already got one.

you have to admit, it is really nice. it's a strappy-backed, floor-length gown in a deep shade of purple. it's tight until it reaches your knees, after which it flares out. it's flattering and sexy but you feel kind of bad, because you're never going to wear it. it's been at the bottom of your trunk since the beginning of the year, never to see the light of day.

you're not going to the yule ball, and that's that.

but hey, at least there's something to laugh at when it comes to the ball:

leon, the hogwarts champion of the triwizard tournament, head boy, captain of the gryffindor quidditch team, and your best friend, has been asked by at least eighteen different people, of all year levels, to go to the ball with them. he's turned every single one down. you can't help but be amused by the long-suffering look he adopts when every person he doesn't know starts to approach him, followed by his apologetic expression when he tries to turn them down.

there was that third year girl who absolutely refused to take no for an answer; she tried to sneak into his dormitory and force enchanted chocolates down his throat while he slept.

then there was a first year girl who seemed to have no qualms that she was asking an almost-eighteen year old to take her to the ball, and even less that he was about three feet taller than her. she didn't try to roofie leon, but she did cry when he turned her down.