CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3
• The Letters •

Sapphire's POV

It's been two months since my last encounter with George Weasley. It feels relieving yet I feel like I'm back from being a "nobody" AGAIN.

I know I'm used to this, but everyday I feel very empty. I know its my choice to be like this but I can't help it. I don't want to attach myself to someone who's just gonna leave if they find someone better than me. I know how it feels to be left by your loved ones and it hurts. It really hurts so bad and I don't want it to happen again.

Every time I see George or Fred in the corridors I will change my direction. When I see them hanging out in the common room, I will go straight in the dorm. And even in the great hall, and during our classes, I will sit far from them. I know it's kind of pathetic, but I will do anything to get rid of them, especially George.

I am currently in the library reading some of the noted I took from the lessons today when a first year Hufflepuff came in front of me.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I used my softest voice trying not to sound rude. I don't want to scare a first year student.

"Ahmm so-some-one, someone w-wants to give this to y-you" he stutters so much I found it cute yet funny. Then the kid handed me a letter.

"Who's this from?" I asked him staring at the letter then looked at him.

The kid looks so nervous he started sweating. He then said that he doesn't know the name who wanted to gave me this letter as the person wears a lion mask.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked him.

"Ahmm y-yes" he replied to me looking very unsure with his answer. Well, he's just a kid so I just thanked him and let him go after.

So who's this from?

The letters I only receive are from my aunt. And definitely these are not from my aunt because she always use red envelopes and it always smells like coffee. My Aunt Luisa knows how much I am addicted to coffee scents and coffee itself.

I opened the letter wishing it wasn't a prank or it wasn't cursed. This letter makes me paranoid.

Sapphire,

Hello!  I just want to let you know that I always think about you. Please eat a lot. I noticed you're getting skinny and it makes me worry. I miss you everyday. Take care please?

                                       5THGNGR  ;)

What the heck is this? How can someone notice that I'm getting skinny? Who the heck is 5thgngr? Is someone tripping on me? I swear this letter makes me more paranoid that I started looking around the library. I shook my head and think maybe someone is just making fun of me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I study at the library, I went straight back to the dormitory to take a shower cos I felt very hot and sticky. To my surprise, there's two letters lying in my bed and an old looking owl on the window beside my drawer.

I caressed the owls head and asked who is his owner as if he will talk to me back, then after a minute he flew away. I then opened the letters.

Sapphire,

Hi Sapphire! I noticed  you styled your hair ponytail during our charms class today and you look very pretty. Have a good day Sapphire. I miss you already.