Harriet's strange ride

The following morning dawned bright and clear

The following morning dawned bright and clear. The trio woke early, making sure that they would have more than enough time to have breakfast and then reach the station. Forty-five minutes before the train was to leave, all of their trunks were nicely shrunk and tucked into Dante's pocket. Everyone, the two little girls and Erendiria included, gathered around the fireplace, preparing to use the Floo network. Throwing in a pinch of the green powder, Harriet followed Blaise to their destination, a wizarding shop conveniently located near King's Cross. She stumbled as she came out but managed to keep her feet, no doubt thanks to the pointers Dante had given her earlier and to the fact that Blaise swooped forward to steady her. Soon, she was joined by Draco and the rest of the Zabinis, and the group made their way to the station.

They made it to the barrier with ten minutes to spare, and Erendiria entered first with her daughters, her husband trailing behind. The three students hung back for a moment as Blaise had to tie his shoe, which had strangely come undone, even though it was spelled not to. Shaking his head, the boy picked up his cat basket and joined his friends by the barrier. The three casually leaned against it, but strangely, they never slid through.

Instead, they remained exactly where they were: standing by the outside.

Looking over to her friends, Harriet commented in an undertone, "We're at the correct place, aren't we?"

The blond glanced over at the various platform signs. "Yes, between nine and ten."

He subtly indicated the signs, careful not to attract Muggle attention. Thankfully, Dante still had their trunks and their bird cages, both Holly's and Draco's owls having flown on to Hogwarts. Blaise's cat, Mr. Momo, was in a carrier by his feet, but he didn't draw any real notice as the carrier wasn't an unusual sight like an owl would be.

Blaise added in, "Well, what's going on? It is almost like the barrier is closed. We didn't miss the train, did we?"

The only girl shook her head and smiled faintly at a Muggle business man, who was eyeing them peculiarly.

"No, but we will, if we cannot get through," she murmured quietly as the two boys moved closer to her on either side. "The barrier wouldn't close immediately afterwards anyway. The people who don't Apparate have to leave somehow."

The brunet glanced at his watch. "We have two minutes left. If we don't make it, my parents will have to come back through because they brought my sisters. I say, we wait for them here." He turned to his two friends, silently asking for their opinions.

"Yes, people have missed the train before undoubtedly, and they still made it to school," Draco put in, leaning more fully against the barrier, but he stubbornly still remained on the outside.