The Strange Encounter

Harriet fought the relieved smile that threatened to cross her face as the shop door opened, revealing a tall and blond gentleman with startling grey eyes

Harriet fought the relieved smile that threatened to cross her face as the shop door opened, revealing a tall and blond gentleman with startling grey eyes. He was followed by none other than Draco Malfoy.

She heaved a confused look as she watched the pair step into the shop. Draco was saying something about racing brooms and the House Quidditch team, but the girl didn't really give a flying Sickle if they were discussing the intricacies of the Snitch and Seeker interaction. Harriet quickly hid behind a bookshelf to see exactly what they were doing here.

For a second she thought of silently stepping out of the shop when she noticed the shopkeeper, Mr. Borgin, come around and engage Mr. Malfoy in a conversation about purchasing several items of somewhat questionable origin. Apparently the Ministry was raiding homes, and Mr. Malfoy did not want to be caught with certain objects.

Not wanting to interrupt, Harriet stayed where she was in a darkened corner, listening as the two men haggled over price. Silently she watched as Draco began to browse among the store items, and when he was just a hairsbreadth away, she heard a voice called him out. "Draco, you have been warned not to be too close to this artifacts. You know that everything here is related to some sort of dark magic, so don't ever touch them." Harriet realized how concerned Mr. Malfoy was about his son.

Draco jerked back in surprise, and quickly went and stood at his father's side. But Harriet had realized that Mr Malfoy and his family were still trading artifacts related to dark magic. And maybe they were related to a cult to bring You-know-who back to life. So Hagrid and the Weasleys weren't completely wrong about them.

Harriet became extremely disappointed on seeing this. She slowly came out of the corner and placed her footsteps steadily towards the old dusty glass door, trying to avoid anyone finding out that she was here.
But as she tried to go out of the shop, the door suddenly creaked open. Harriet quickly paced her way to the narrow lanes which were leading her to a place she didn't know.

But back in the shop the sudden creaking of the door had alerted Mr Malfoy and the shopkeeper. Draco quickly went out of the shop, for finding out the person who tried to peep into their conversations.

Harriet stood behind a lampost, apparently all her energy was drained out of her. She dearly hoped that someone she knew, could help her escape from this situation.

Suddenly she felt a hand touched her shoulder from behind. Harriet jerked back in surprise.

What... Draco?" Harriet asked incredulously and quite loudly.

The blond just stared at her. "What are you doing here?" he questioned.

"I got lost. Floo powder. It was my first time. Well..." she trailed off.