4: What's Going On?

For the next few weeks, Gabe would try to woo Sam and get closer to him. He gave him hints and helped on hunts secretly so Dean wouldn't know. Coming to the motel when Dean was gone and giving Sam notes or information he couldn't find to make it look like Sam found them. Gabriel flew after him when the brothers had an argument or disagreement. Telling him jokes to make him smile and saying that he and Dean would work it out. Even letting himself become a punching bag if Sam needed to let some anger out since he can't hurt him.

There were some days Sam would stay up late researching or working that Gabe would try to get him to sleep. If he was in the motel room, he'd quietly try to reason with Sam. If he couldn't, he'd use his grace to put him to sleep. If he was in the bunkers library, he'd pull the Moose away from his computer and to his room, laying on him so he couldn't get up. When the boys were in between jobs, they'd have a day off or have some fun together during the limited days. Then when Dean was at the bar or asleep in the evening, Gabe would fly Sam to a field or prairie to watch the stars. Though he didn't mind or say it, Sam thought it was a date each time.

Soon, Dean started going out more, but usually when all there was to do was research. That gave the two more time to be able to talk and for Gabe to get a kiss. Sam made a reward system for the ex Trickster. For every time he helped him or didn't complain about something, he could get a kiss. Otherwise he couldn't interrupt Sam during a hunt, which apparently Gabe didn't like not being able to do. It was also the only time he got a kiss on the lips. Two months passed by before Dean confronted Sam while Cas and Gabe were out on their own hunt they found.

"Alright, what's going on." Dean asked, making Sam look up from his computer.

"What?"

"You know what Sammy." Dean told him.

"No I don't." Sam said, leaning his laptop lid down a bit. Dean sighing and pulled out a chair from the library table.

"The notes you somehow find without leaving the motel, you not being here one minute and then you are the next, how much faster you cool off after we fight." Dean listed. "How you are happier than I've ever seen you before, and I see you literally every day. So I'm going to ask again; what's going on?" Sam sighed before fully closing his computer.

"You remember a while ago when I made that bet with Gabriel?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, on the last day he may or may not have cornered me in the kitchen." Sam started, carefully watching his brothers expression. "He said something about he found a new kind of fun and then left. But over the next few days or weeks, he would show up after you left and try to get me flustered."

"Why didn't you tell me he was bothering you after the allowed time?" Dean asked.

"He wasn't really bothering me. It was just teasing and joking." Sam explained. "Until the hunt in Colorado..." He looked down a bit so he couldn't see his older brother across from him. "You had left for the bar and wouldn't returned till the following morning. I came into the room and Gabriel caught me by surprise. He said he wasn't teasing anymore. He cornered me again, but it was less playful and more real. I was tired and frustrated so I kissed him when he started talking and it escalated."

"Wait, you didn't have sex with that candy addict, did you?" Dean said sternly.

"No!" Sam stated, calming Dean down a bit. "But we almost did..."

"I'm going to kill him, I swear." Dean hissed.

"It's not his fault Dean." Sam tried to explain.

"He's manipulating you Sam! He just wants to get in your pants. He's a perv! It takes one to know one." Dean started scolding him.

"I started it!" Sam said loudly, shutting his brother up. "Ok? I was the one who almost did. But Gabe stopped me. I wanted to, but he said that he actually liked me and wanted to take it slow. To let me fall in love before anything happened." Sam huffed, crossing his arms. "So he'd help me with hard cases and get me to calm down, blow off steam, and make sure I got enough sleep. Whenever you left, he'd come and keep my company. And before you say it, I wasn't choosing him over you. I always made sure you were the one to go off, not me."

Dean was silent, just looking at his brother. Sam had started smiling whenever he mentioned the celestial being. He was defending him so strongly and was making sure there was no room to argue. But most of all, he wasn't lying.

"Sam." Said man looked at him. "Do you like him." Sam breathed in a breath before answering.

"Yeah, I do." He sat up straight, as if ready for a come back.

"Ok." The tall hunter was confused.

"What?"

"I said ok. If he's the one making you not as bad to be around," He said playfully, standing up. Sam rolled his eyes. "But seriously. If he makes you happy and isn't a pain in my ass, then it's alright with me. Just make sure you're quiet."

"Can't promise anything on your behalf." Sam sighed.

"You better or else you won't have a boyfriend." Sam hit his head on the table embarrassed.

"Why'd I tell you again?" He mumbled.

"Don't worry, it'll be easy. Like herding cats." Dean chuckled, patting Sam's shoulder before leaving the library.

"Hey, wait." Dean turned around. "Where have you been going recently? I know you don't like research, but it can't be that bad to be missing it every chance you get." Sam saw his brothers face freeze.

"Um, nothing. Just go to the bar or diner till your done." He said, scratching his head.

"You sure?" Sam asked, standing up. He went closer to inspect Dean. "Are you blushing?"

"Nope, no, I am not having this conversation with you." He turned away and tried going up the stairs, but Sam grabbed his arm.

"Come on Dean. What's going on." Sam asked him.

"Don't mock me!" Dean turned to face him and pointed his finger.

"Hey! I'm just asking." Sam said, letting go and putting his hands up, smirking. "So?" Dean stared at him annoyed.

"I go see someone, alright! Happy?" He threw his hands up in the air. Sam looked satisfied until he realized that he left all the time. On different jobs in different towns. How would the person know where they were. Maybe they were a hunter? No, Dean would have asked for their help at some point. So who could it be? Sam left to go see Gabriel in different places, but he could fly, so... wait.

"Dean..." Sam said slowly. The man looked up at him and saw him smirking.

"Nope, no, nada, I am NOT dealing with this right now!" Dean shouted, running up the stairs and out the door. But not before he heard Sam say something about Cas.